• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Cheltenham Town. Matchday Thread.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fair enough - I missed that one as was in the pisser

Other than that he wasn’t up to speed for the role again - he needs to be played slightly deeper in my eyes

Rest of your post is very Harris 😂 You were on the pitch with him then?
Stood on The Bank it was probably easier to pick up his positioning with the players as they lined up across the pitch than maybe from the side where they appear more in queue form, one behind the other.

STURTZ

Sonny Cox should just be told to do whatever he needs to do to get that ball into the net. Never mind team play, put the bloody thing in the onion bag. That's what makes a great goalscorer, the delight of scoring at any opportunity. Be selfish, shoot from any angle, gamble, use any part of your body to force the ball over the line, just go for it. Goals, goals, goals!

Trapdoor

You what?
It doesnt look offside to me. hes bang in line on the edge of the box, also the defender gets a touch on it as it goes through. Never offside.

andrew p long

Could someone explain what formation we played and who was where? I guessed it was

Sinisalo
Sweenz Simson Hartridge
Mitchell Carroll Trevitt Jules
Cole Wildschutt
Cox

tom_ecfc

It doesnt look offside to me. hes bang in line on the edge of the box, also the defender gets a touch on it as it goes through. Never offside.
That’s not how the offside rule works. If that was the case, a player could be stood 30 yards offside. Your own player plays a long ball which gets a slight deflection/touch on it from the opposition player closing him down but still goes forward to his team mate who is 30 yards the wrong side of the last defender….he is offside.

That happened here with Scott…but the main thing here, is Scott was a yard offside from when the ball left Cole’s right boot before any touch from the defender.

TotnesGrecian

I thought our best player today was Aimson. I know the defence didn't have their busiest day but Aimson was faultless with everything he did. Certainly my M of M.
Did you see that chance at the end? Where Trevitt I think it was was begging for the ball and asked for it 3 times, and aimson went on to have a shot 🤔 looked a bit of tension there

TotnesGrecian

Did you see that chance at the end? Where Trevitt I think it was was begging for the ball and asked for it 3 times, and aimson went on to have a shot 🤔 looked a bit of tension there
By this I mean Aimson had a clear ball on for trevitt aswell

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, he should have passed, but I think that Aimson had carried the ball so far that it was one of those moments where he thought feck it I'm putting this top corner, only to blaze over the bar in true cenner half style.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Am sure it’s all forgotten now, but there was certainly a bit of tension between Sweenz and GC during a break in play midway through the second half. Sweenz came over to the bench and the pair of ‘em were gesticulating angrily at one another before our No. 26 opined, quite audibly, ‘Bull5hit!’.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought our best player today was Aimson. I know the defence didn't have their busiest day but Aimson was faultless with everything he did. Certainly my M of M.
Yep I totally agree he was immense today