• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Cheltenham Town. Matchday Thread.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Morocco earthquake & Libyan floods.
Couldn't actually see the point of that silence, how did us being quiet help those poor people other than to make us feel we've done our bit? That's world matters taken care of now let's get on with the match, hoorah!

grecIAN Harris

This was the first time in 6 or 8 matches that we haven't sold out the home ends so I think it's a bit early to say attendances have peaked and we don't need to find a way to increase capacity. Plus I think the seats were pretty much sold out which means the club lost revenue from people who would have liked to sit down but couldn't.
It was Cheltenham on the back of a poor performance last week, did you really expect us to sell out? Had we won last week it might have been a different kettle of fish. You'll be able to draw reasonable comparison at the next home game against Northampton, another not particularly attractive fixture. If we win next week at Oxford and maintain our position at the top I bet there's an extra 500 on the gate. If we lose our spot at the top then it will be similar to yesterday.

Martin Weiler

Just watched the Cheltenham Managers interview. 13 minutes of the hardest watch you will ever see. Talk about “near the edge”. Actually felt sorry for the bloke. Who would be a footy manager !

grecIAN Harris

Some of what is saying I can understand with regards his defensive set up because you can see they're a hard team to break down but where are these opportunities on the counter he talks about? I've seen more teeth in a new born baby than there was in that Cheltenham attack. Aside from the double save in the second half, what did Vils have to do? I can remember him making one very good punch from a cross early in the first half and that was about it. It's hard to remember him having to field a cross never mind a shot.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

ryancooper327

Couldn't actually see the point of that silence, how did us being quiet help those poor people other than to make us feel we've done our bit? That's world matters taken care of now let's get on with the match, hoorah!
Maybe a moment of reflection considering the sheer amount of lives lost, potentially family and friends of people at SJP there yesterday?

ryancooper327

Anyway. Good game but we obviously need to be more clinical. Cole should have had 2 and Wildschut 1 from the top of my head.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
A painful watch that - looks out of his depth - felt for him

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I guess just to raise awareness that the EFL's charity partner is the British Red Cross and you can donate to them to help?

MerleyRed

Am sure it’s all forgotten now, but there was certainly a bit of tension between Sweenz and GC during a break in play midway through the second half. Sweenz came over to the bench and the pair of ‘em were gesticulating angrily at one another before our No. 26 opined, quite audibly, ‘Bull5hit!’.
I sit fairly close behind the dugout and the tension was between Sweenz and Perks. GC was trying to calm things down. It appeared that Perks had given an instruction that Sweenz disagreed with and he told him so in no uncertain terms.