• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Carlisle Utd matchday thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good to have you back Pete. Haven't seen you on these forums for a while. I thought you might have died.
You'll be pleased to know I havent died, although the goalkeeping standard is bringing me down.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Imagine being one of those people who said Cox is the next Seymour lol.
Can you imagine

Albumen

He didnt have an injury before the one he got at Oldham ? that day when he scored.
I seem to recall he had a serious injury before he joined us. The Oldham injury was his second big injury. Poor lad.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
How did Sinisalo let in that shot for their goal from the very edge of the penalty area, on his near post? I take it he was obstructed, because if he wasnt, that was a poor goal to concede.
agreed.

thought he should of saved it live and when seeing the highlights back i still do.

although it went through bodies it’s his i post and i’d expect him to save that.

Colesman Ballz

agreed.

thought he should of saved it live and when seeing the highlights back i still do.

although it went through bodies it’s his i post and i’d expect him to save that.
It must have been all that MUD that prevented him ! :cool:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kyle started the season really well coming off the bench but has certainly dipped lately. I don't think that is unusual with players coming back from such a long term injury. It's like he needs to catch his second wind.
I think Kyle would benefit from getting some regular football out on loan; hopefully we can strengthen our squad enough to allow that to happen.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thoughts of the Carlisle manager

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd agree with this. I understand why Carroll was taken off as he has played so many minutes lately and we can't afford him to get injured, but we definitely lost some control when he went off. In this game and the Wycombe game I think Taylor has struggled when he has come on and hasn't really helped us see out the game.
This has been a biggest concern over the last 3 or 4 games. We have a first 11 who look more than good enough to compete in League 1 but lack the squad strength to allow us to stay in games or see them out comfortably.

tom_ecfc

Thoughts of the Carlisle manager
Sounds like he’s conceded that they‘ll get relegated.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like he’s conceded that they‘ll get relegated.
Or that the new owners are about to replace him with a shiny new manager.