• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Carlisle Utd matchday thread

Red & White

We played well for most of the game and I was pleased that Cox got on the scoresheet, his loan spell at Yeovil has done him a lot of favours. Ran the chanels well and put the opposition defence under pressure with his movement off the ball.

I still think we need a target man to support our attack, against a better opposition I still fear that we won't be able to put the ball in the net despite looking like we are creating more chances.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Serious injuries have affected both of them unfortunately and I'm sure your second sentence above will prove correct.
I'm not sure either of them were any good prior to injury

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure either of them were any good prior to injury
I think Scott was probably too good to contemplate coming to Devon before his injury. Doesn't look like he's going to recover though, does he.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
City doing well despite the support!

Would have loved to have seen the Caldwell Out banners being folded away and stored for future reference today.😄

Come on you mighty reds!

Albumen

Few more players, little more hope. One massive win today. However you see City’s current situation, I don’t believe anyone would be unhappy with a massive 3 points. Geddon.

Colesman Ballz

YouTube highlights

Did the cameraman only arrive at half time ? :unsure:

Matt Russell

Did the cameraman only arrive at half time ? :unsure:
Yep, with his mate who was on big screen operating duties!

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Thought the box in the middle worked well today. Carrol and Cole seem to have a good understanding of how to work with one another. One often dropped into a back 3 which meant the wide players could start higher meaning more space for the two 10s (Harris and Aitchinson). Harris running in behind also stretched Carlisle which is something we haven’t done to any team in a while.

Think I’d rather see Borges off the bench than Taylor. I know he’s had a rough time with injury but not once has he looked league 1 standard to me. A loan to league two could be a good option if we can bring in a better cm.
I'd agree with this. I understand why Carroll was taken off as he has played so many minutes lately and we can't afford him to get injured, but we definitely lost some control when he went off. In this game and the Wycombe game I think Taylor has struggled when he has come on and hasn't really helped us see out the game.

Rosencrantz

Kyle started the season really well coming off the bench but has certainly dipped lately. I don't think that is unusual with players coming back from such a long term injury. It's like he needs to catch his second wind.