• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Carlisle Utd matchday thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to forget how to forget.
OK, I've forgotten what I'm supposed to forget.

STURTZ

Pate has reeled a lot of Exewebbers in yet again. 🤷‍♂️
Few people realise that PateUSA is actually a piece of prototype AI software. Developed in silicone valley in the late 80s PateUSA has been programmed through accumulated personal data to react to an individuals opinion and react in an unexpected and often perverse way.
Version 1 dealt mainly with "glovesmen" and was a simple "If you liked Kevin Miller you probably never saw George Hunter, who was better.
Version 2 is a more complex development dealing chiefly with referees. This programme would take what seemed a staightforward correct decision and arguing that it was in fact wrong but only if ECFC were the actual victims. This version can actually cause the victim to doubt his own sanity.
In effect the PateUSA programme can lead to the poster into believing he has control over his choices whilst, in reality, it is the programme that is controlling the unsuspecting candidate.
Dangerous stuff.

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

Few people realise that PateUSA is actually a piece of prototype AI software. Developed in silicone valley in the late 80s PateUSA has been programmed through accumulated personal data to react to an individuals opinion and react in an unexpected and often perverse way.
Version 1 dealt mainly with "glovesmen" and was a simple "If you liked Kevin Miller you probably never saw George Hunter, who was better.
Version 2 is a more complex development dealing chiefly with referees. This programme would take what seemed a staightforward correct decision and arguing that it was in fact wrong but only if ECFC were the actual victims. This version can actually cause the victim to doubt his own sanity.
In effect the PateUSA programme can lead to the poster into believing he has control over his choices whilst, in reality, it is the programme that is controlling the unsuspecting candidate.
Dangerous stuff.
Version1 beta was good - with a little bit of Rock and Roll as I recall.

STURTZ

Version1 beta was good - with a little bit of Rock and Roll as I recall.
First introduced into the U.K. via The Clocktower Cafe as I remember.

PeteUSA

First introduced into the U.K. via The Clocktower Cafe as I remember.
Yep! With a very young Eric Welsh and Mike Hughes! 1961 a very good year! (y)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep! With a very young Eric Welsh and Mike Hughes! 1961 a very good year! (y)
Too right the year of my birth!

It’s also one of those years/numbers the same upside down!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just watched the '360' video. At 24 seconds in, is that Ben Purrington walking in with the other players ?
Good prediction, even if the player you were looking at wasn't actually our new signing.

MerleyRed

Good prediction, even if the player you were looking at wasn't actually our new signing.
I would like to take credit for that but it was a mistake, although prompted by seeing somebody I didn't recognise enter the players entrance pre-game.