• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Carlisle Utd matchday thread

Exehausted

Not as good as the ones shown. It also missed the one from Cole when he hit John Lewis
A shame they didn't show the fantastic run down the line and then somehow along the dead ball line by Dion in the first half. From where I was sat it looked like he operated in a corridor about 6 inches wide. It didn't come to anything, but it's that sort of skill that I love to watch. Hopefully it will look as good on the 360.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking at the highlights, Armstrong really should have buried the chance where he only hit the post.

Literally, an expensive miss.
Not sure about that. It led to a throw in, which led to a corner, which led to the goal. So it was almost an assist...

tom_ecfc

Rumour has it the ball is still in orbit!
Images coming in from the moon and indeed Reece Cole’s lost ball has reached the moon. Rumours the person inside the spacesuit is Harry Kite who after being tried at right back, has now been demoted to ball boy!
IMG_1508.jpeg

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
How did Sinisalo let in that shot for their goal from the very edge of the penalty area, on his near post? I take it he was obstructed, because if he wasnt, that was a poor goal to concede.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I disagree. He only played about 70 games in his 6 professional years prior to coming to us, scoring just a handful of goals. It appears his whole career has been blighted by injury thus far and he's never really got going with any of his clubs.
His injury was FOUR years ago, I think? He would've been 19. a million pound rated teenager, smashing it in the SPL. He's not been that player since. I mean, I haven't watched him before and after other than for us, but he was getting rave reviews before (and someone decided to cough up a million) and then everyone thought he was awful afterwards... Stands to reason it's the injury that did for him

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kyle started the season really well coming off the bench but has certainly dipped lately. I don't think that is unusual with players coming back from such a long term injury. It's like he needs to catch his second wind.
Is anyone any clearer what his best role/position is though? Is he a CM, No10, wider player? Box to box? I'm struggling to see it and think the Manager will be offloading him come the end of the season. Shame but after three years he may need to take two steps back to rebuild his career

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is anyone any clearer what his best role/position is though? Is he a CM, No10, wider player? Box to box? I'm struggling to see it and think the Manager will be offloading him come the end of the season. Shame but after three years he may need to take two steps back to rebuild his career
His best position is on the bench.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think he's a centre mid, but gets used as a utility man off the bench to add legs where players are tiring, which is often up front because were so short there. He's only 23 still I think and has had his development disrupted by a big injury and doesn't get to play his natural game much, isn't terrible off the bench... Would think it might be worth giving him a chance to develop and find his feet, but there are similar others (eg Watts), so we might end up having to pick the most promising

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
His injury was FOUR years ago, I think? He would've been 19. a million pound rated teenager, smashing it in the SPL. He's not been that player since. I mean, I haven't watched him before and after other than for us, but he was getting rave reviews before (and someone decided to cough up a million) and then everyone thought he was awful afterwards... Stands to reason it's the injury that did for him
He scored 6 for Motherwell in 3 seasons and 4 for Hibs in one season on loan. Not exactly smashing it.

Why on earth Hull paid 1m quid for him I'll never know. Absolute madness.

Maybe it was the injury that changed him, but you'd think he still show glimpses of being a footballer.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
He scored 6 for Motherwell in 3 seasons and 4 for Hibs in one season on loan. Not exactly smashing it.

Why on earth Hull paid 1m quid for him I'll never know. Absolute madness.

Maybe it was the injury that changed him, but you'd think he still show glimpses of being a footballer.
Hibs was AFTER the injury. At Motherwell, pre-injury, he was a winger. Hull paid £1M because he was good before his injury, I would imagine.

Also, the three seasons at Motherwell started from when he was 16 or 17 years old.

Last edited: