• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Carlisle Utd matchday thread

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think he's a centre mid, but gets used as a utility man off the bench to add legs where players are tiring, which is often up front because were so short there. He's only 23 still I think and has had his development disrupted by a big injury and doesn't get to play his natural game much, isn't terrible off the bench... Would think it might be worth giving him a chance to develop and find his feet, but there are similar others (eg Watts), so we might end up having to pick the most promising
He wasn't ever a regular in L2. I'd wish him all the best in the summer.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Said it before but build the team around Reece and the good days will return

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Look, I'm not going to deny your moment in the sun, as there's not many of them these days.
"Your"?? Yes, my team won, didn't yours?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
He wasn't ever a regular in L2. I'd wish him all the best in the summer.
He was just a kid though, wasn't he, coming into a settled side doing well. Think he was also recovering from a long term injury... That'd be the question mark for me... Are the injuries too much?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was just a kid though, wasn't he, coming into a settled side doing well. Think he was also recovering from a long term injury... That'd be the question mark for me... Are the injuries too much?
He didnt have an injury before the one he got at Oldham ? that day when he scored.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
He didnt have an injury before the one he got at Oldham ? that day when he scored.
Don't know TBH, I vaguely recall he had a bit of history on that front when we signed him. Could be wrong.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Carlisle have a cracking record over the years at SJP and will be roared on by 500 today hoping for a start of a new era. However, a Cole pen and a later Harris volley gives us a 2-1 win
2-1 win with a Cole goal - this guessing the result stuff is so easy :)

scottus86

Imagine being one of those people who said Cox is the next Seymour lol.

scottus86

How did Sinisalo let in that shot for their goal from the very edge of the penalty area, on his near post? I take it he was obstructed, because if he wasnt, that was a poor goal to concede.
Good to have you back Pete. Haven't seen you on these forums for a while. I thought you might have died.

dontpassback

I for one am glad to see Pete back👍👍