• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bradford City v Exeter City official matchday thread

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well it seems cheating as permeated all levels of the game for sure then. I played as striker in reserve teams for clubs like Hull and Scarborough and my primary objective was to score goals. If you had asked me whether i'd have faked a foul, fell to the ground like a big baby and forsaken the opportunity to have a clear run at goal just to try and get a fellow professional sent off then you'd have been given short shrift. It would have taken a damn sight more than a brush of the arm from Parkes to stop me.

Players doing this is partly the reason why i don't really watch Premier League footy anymore because it's all players dropping to the floor at the brush of a leg or an arm and it's quite frankly sickening.

Dylan Connelly's desire to cheat and con officials overrides his desire to score goals and that's why he's dogshit and playing in league 2 and that's why he's scored NO goals in over 30 apperances for both Wimbledon and Bradford.

Not only that but the linesman should find a new career because he's not fit for purpose.

As you can probably tell, i'm pretty angry about it. ;)
I'm with you gamemanship has risen to a whole new level to the detriment of the spectators and refs and the authorities are allowing it to happen.

Legohead

Banned
I agree Grecian near Hell. It's the falling to the floor that really annoys me. Like the Parkes sending off. Ok, worst case scenario Parkes puts his arm across their striker and stops his momentum as is what happened. It's a yellow card at worst as it's not really a clear and obvious scoring opportunity. What annoys me the most is the way their lad just falls over and the fact that the refs and officials have no common sense whatsoever or if they do they are frightened of using it.

An arm across a strikers chest doesn't cause him to fall down unless it's a position such as both defender and striker are running full speed down the wing and the defendr gives the striker a nudge and he loses his balance. In this instance they both had sound footing and were nearly static. That's the key aspect of this that the officials don't seem to grasp. It's physically impossible for a brush of the arm in those circumstances to cause someone to fall over. I'd seriously be questioning if Dylan Connelly has got bloody Menieres Disease or something if that's the case. Either that or he's cheating and it's not a foul which the refs should easily spot.

To be honest i don't know who i'm most annoyed at for this. The player for cheating or like you say the officials for making such blatant errors and making such basic common sense judgement calls incorrectly.

Anyway it's gone now. I've got to let it go. :LOL:

Just hope we don't get that ref and his useless team of officials again.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've just looked at the FA website and it confirms a 3 game ban for Jake Taylor and a 2 game ban for Tom Parkes.
Plus a grand for the cost of the appeal I believe.

hardi2b

Used to ref many moons ago, would never have called Parkes tackle a foul - back then two footed sliding tackles were fine providing first contact was with the ball, but then football consisted of athletes performing in a physical arena ! Now strong physical challenges for control of the ball are euphemistically termed " a coming together ". Sad.

benjisheps

I've just looked at the FA website and it confirms a 3 game ban for Jake Taylor and a 2 game ban for Tom Parkes.
Hants

Does the FA Cup and the Leasing game both count or just the FA Cup game?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hants

Does the FA Cup and the Leasing game both count or just the FA Cup game?
The FA Cup counts towards the suspension, but not the leasing game.

Red Bill

I thought it was Seymour who initially missed the ball and then Law put it into the side netting or was that another incident?
This would have been on about 20 minutes in the first half.

Red Bill

The offence is, of course, "Denying a clear goalscoring opportunity" rather than simply "he was the last man", and I would argue that given the location of the offence and the situation involved he didn't deny one. However, I also don't think (as per my post before) that the panel would overturn the referee's decision as it needs to be an obvious error for them to do so.

Incidentally, re: the suspensions, these are correct (remembering that Parkes' suspension is increased by a game as he served a retrospective 3-match ban for violent conduct vs Swindon).
The inconsistency is the worst bit. Those of us who were at Scunthorpe will have seen the most blatant cynical pull back when we would have been clean through 30 yards out, but the ref completely bottled it and only handed out a yellow.

Legohead

Banned
Yes i recall. Maybe our player should have simply dropped to the floor and we'd have got their man sent off.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The inconsistency is the worst bit. Those of us who were at Scunthorpe will have seen the most blatant cynical pull back when we would have been clean through 30 yards out, but the ref completely bottled it and only handed out a yellow.
Might have something to do with which team is the home team.