• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bradford City v Exeter City official matchday thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The problem is that our quality is not quite good enough for the autos (although this season no side stands out so we might get into the autos by default).
Regarding the strikers debate, if we take one out of midfield and play Matt Jay up front then we're lacking in midfield. But if we just play Bowman up front we're not going to get many goals.
We know City can play nice football for part of a game and we know we can play really well occasionally like Carlisle away and FGR and Plymouth at home.
But it's hard work to create good chances and we just can"t afford not to take them.
The three losses away are a bit concerning and give the impression we're just hanging on in there near the top. Our goal difference confirms that. .

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've just looked at the FA website and it confirms a 3 game ban for Jake Taylor and a 2 game ban for Tom Parkes.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've just looked at the FA website and it confirms a 3 game ban for Jake Taylor and a 2 game ban for Tom Parkes.
Brutal......If you're Exeter City you get p$ssed on by their tribunal and pi$$ed on by their disciplinary committee. Playground bullies are the FA.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does that include the efl trophy?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Does that include the efl trophy?
My interpretation of this rule means that the Trophy games are excluded

12.1 The Competition is a ‘First Team Competitive Match’ for the purposes of the Football Association’s Regulations for Disciplinary Procedures. However, the automatic sanctions in relation to cautions and dismissals are treated separately under The FA Disciplinary procedures from other First Team matches.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just looked at the video footage. The appeal for Parkes red card to be rescinded won't be successful. He pulls him down and he's the last man. Its weak but its a red. A chance for MJ or Atangana to shine. Moxey is adequate cover in defence.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Just looked at the video footage. The appeal for Parkes red card to be rescinded won't be successful. He pulls him down and he's the last man. Its weak but its a red. A chance for MJ or Atangana to shine. Moxey is adequate cover in defence.
The offence is, of course, "Denying a clear goalscoring opportunity" rather than simply "he was the last man", and I would argue that given the location of the offence and the situation involved he didn't deny one. However, I also don't think (as per my post before) that the panel would overturn the referee's decision as it needs to be an obvious error for them to do so.

Incidentally, re: the suspensions, these are correct (remembering that Parkes' suspension is increased by a game as he served a retrospective 3-match ban for violent conduct vs Swindon).

Legohead

Banned
I'm understanding of others opinions generally Snoop Fog but i've also watched the footage over and over and other than a slight arm put across by Parkes i can't even see a foul committed. Even if a strong arm is put across a striker it will slow him down. What it won't do is have any effect on his legs and make him fall over like he did do.

I can't for the life of me see where it's even a foul tbh but as we all see things differently i guess.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
What we don't see is video footage from the lineman side and it is the linesman flagging that an offence has been committed, so there will be two parties reporting presumably. Can't see it being overturned.

One thing with the ref he was slow in putting his hand in his pocket to raise the cards and allowed himself to be shouted at by opposing players before doing so, just a thought.

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
What we don't see is video footage from the lineman side and it is the linesman flagging that an offence has been committed
Well it seems cheating as permeated all levels of the game for sure then. I played as striker in reserve teams for clubs like Hull and Scarborough and my primary objective was to score goals. If you had asked me whether i'd have faked a foul, fell to the ground like a big baby and forsaken the opportunity to have a clear run at goal just to try and get a fellow professional sent off then you'd have been given short shrift. It would have taken a damn sight more than a brush of the arm from Parkes to stop me.

Players doing this is partly the reason why i don't really watch Premier League footy anymore because it's all players dropping to the floor at the brush of a leg or an arm and it's quite frankly sickening.

Dylan Connelly's desire to cheat and con officials overrides his desire to score goals and that's why he's dogshit and playing in league 2 and that's why he's scored NO goals in over 30 apperances for both Wimbledon and Bradford.

Not only that but the linesman should find a new career because he's not fit for purpose.

As you can probably tell, i'm pretty angry about it. ;)

Last edited: