• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bradford City v Exeter City official matchday thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So, will the FA meet before Saturday, or does Parkes suspension get delayed a game?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes i recall. Maybe our player should have simply dropped to the floor and we'd have got their man sent off.
Well at several clubs I could name that is exactly what would have happened.

Managers must tell their players to do it.

Parkes should probably have fallen over clutching his face to sow seeds of doubt in the refs mind, that's how it works these days.

It's causing me to wonder why I bother. If it gets any worse I will seriously consider giving up going to games involving those teams. If we get promoted I definitely won't go to at least two and probably three potential away games, that's for sure.

Legohead

Banned
Well at several clubs I could name that is exactly what would have happened.

Managers must tell their players to do it.

Parkes should probably have fallen over clutching his face to sow seeds of doubt in the refs mind, that's how it works these days.

It's causing me to wonder why I bother. If it gets any worse I will seriously consider giving up going to games involving those teams. If we get promoted I definitely won't go to at least two and probably three potential away games, that's for sure.
The thing is John IMO every single footballer cheats nowadays at all levels and it makes me laugh when players surround the ref to protest about an opposition player who has blatantly cheated when they themselves would do the exact same thing in the same position. It's sheer hypocrisy.

The odd thing is that in the Premier League it's almost as if cheating and trying to improve the art of cheating is actually taught in training as they do it every game and it always looks so 'professional'. Like they've been taught how to manipulate certain situations that may occur on a football pitch. If that makes sense? When a league 2 player tries to cheat and make it look seamless it generally always ends up looking half arsed and an obvious attempt to cheat but when it's done in the Prem, even with hundreds of cameras watching at every angle, it always looks sort of choreographed and rehearsed making it a lot more difficult for the refs even with VAR.

You get managers like Sean Dyche constantly berating other teams for cheating yet his players cheat because they ALL do. The game at the top level is all hypocrisy and bling. There are no characters anymore. There are no managers that moan about things like Dyche with cheating but then vehemently uphold their false stand against the system by teaching their own player not to cheat and punishing them when they do. They are all hypocrites.

The Premier League is a joke now. Not only the persistent cheating, diving, players falling to the floor, rolling around like the've been shot then getting up, rubbing their leg and then it's all fine, the players covering their mouths when they speak, the constant spitting, the evolution of slick hair that doesn't even move even when the ball is headed, tattoo sleeves, the static nonchalant almost disinterested goal 'celebrations' which make it look as if some players didn't actually WANT to score and this is before i even mention VAR.

I said to a mate the other day that if Arsenal v Man City was on Sky and on BT Sport was Aldershot v Braintree causing a clash i'd watch BT Sport all day long.

I'm just really hoping that all the pantomime, attitude and narcissistic swagger of the Premier League doesn't end up filtering down through the divisions as i feel it's beginning to. It would seriously erode my enjoyment of football.

Refs have a lot to answer for. The constant stop / starting of games instead of letting play flow does my nut in. It's always interesting to watch games in the SPL, especially the Old Firm game because those games are by and large reffed like games used to be. Not every player who falls to the ground has done so because of a foul. In fact i'd argue that on the majority of occasions when a player falls to the floor it wouldn't be a foul so unless there is an obvious foul just let play carry on and let men (and women) play proper contact sport.

Pundits too are a pain in the arse. "Well there's contact so he's entitled to go down". Such a statement also part of the reason i dislike MOTD and the Prem. Contact can mean a sock brushing against the sock of an opposition player in the area yet it's a penalty. It's an absolute circus. It's not football anymore. It's all for TV audiences.

VAR is for the TV audiences paying fortunes in subscriptions for the drama and panto of what the game has become. Glitz, glamour and spectacle too.

The Premier League isn't football. It's money, greed and selfishness.

League 2 is football, community and survival and long may it stay that way.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
So, will the FA meet before Saturday, or does Parkes suspension get delayed a game?
Son's red card from Sunday against Everton has already been heard and over turned.

denzel

Son's red card from Sunday against Everton has already been heard and over turned.
The Premier League get a Rolls Royce service. League Two is more like a Trabant.

IndoMike

The thing is John IMO every single footballer cheats nowadays at all levels and it makes me laugh when players surround the ref to protest about an opposition player who has blatantly cheated when they themselves would do the exact same thing in the same position. It's sheer hypocrisy.

The odd thing is that in the Premier League it's almost as if cheating and trying to improve the art of cheating is actually taught in training as they do it every game and it always looks so 'professional'. Like they've been taught how to manipulate certain situations that may occur on a football pitch. If that makes sense? When a league 2 player tries to cheat and make it look seamless it generally always ends up looking half arsed and an obvious attempt to cheat but when it's done in the Prem, even with hundreds of cameras watching at every angle, it always looks sort of choreographed and rehearsed making it a lot more difficult for the refs even with VAR.

You get managers like Sean Dyche constantly berating other teams for cheating yet his players cheat because they ALL do. The game at the top level is all hypocrisy and bling. There are no characters anymore. There are no managers that moan about things like Dyche with cheating but then vehemently uphold their false stand against the system by teaching their own player not to cheat and punishing them when they do. They are all hypocrites.

The Premier League is a joke now. Not only the persistent cheating, diving, players falling to the floor, rolling around like the've been shot then getting up, rubbing their leg and then it's all fine, the players covering their mouths when they speak, the constant spitting, the evolution of slick hair that doesn't even move even when the ball is headed, tattoo sleeves, the static nonchalant almost disinterested goal 'celebrations' which make it look as if some players didn't actually WANT to score and this is before i even mention VAR.

I said to a mate the other day that if Arsenal v Man City was on Sky and on BT Sport was Aldershot v Braintree causing a clash i'd watch BT Sport all day long.

I'm just really hoping that all the pantomime, attitude and narcissistic swagger of the Premier League doesn't end up filtering down through the divisions as i feel it's beginning to. It would seriously erode my enjoyment of football.

Refs have a lot to answer for. The constant stop / starting of games instead of letting play flow does my nut in. It's always interesting to watch games in the SPL, especially the Old Firm game because those games are by and large reffed like games used to be. Not every player who falls to the ground has done so because of a foul. In fact i'd argue that on the majority of occasions when a player falls to the floor it wouldn't be a foul so unless there is an obvious foul just let play carry on and let men (and women) play proper contact sport.

Pundits too are a pain in the arse. "Well there's contact so he's entitled to go down". Such a statement also part of the reason i dislike MOTD and the Prem. Contact can mean a sock brushing against the sock of an opposition player in the area yet it's a penalty. It's an absolute circus. It's not football anymore. It's all for TV audiences.

VAR is for the TV audiences paying fortunes in subscriptions for the drama and panto of what the game has become. Glitz, glamour and spectacle too.

The Premier League isn't football. It's money, greed and selfishness.

League 2 is football, community and survival and long may it stay that way.
It's all about the food chain. The Premier League is at the top of the chain, is a nice comfy gentleman's club, and will always look after its own interests above all else. It really doesn't care about the lower leagues at all except when it wants to nick our players.
Leagues 1 & 2 are way down the food chain. We have to go cap in hand to get any money from the FA or League and to get fair treatment They're just not bothered at all.
But, although the lion is king of the jungle, if all the little insects on this planet were wiped out, the lions wouldn't survive.
The day will come when the Premier League will have big problems : don't come running to us when you do.
Mini mini-rant over.

denzel

The FA website is only showing Jake Taylor (and Check Diabete) as being suspended

Red Devon

The FA website is only showing Jake Taylor (and Check Diabete) as being suspended

Difficult to see what Tom actually did wrong by the tv highlight.

PeteUSA

I'm not a bit surprised. Referee Atkinson was clearly about to brandish a yellow for that challenge, I suspect that not surprisingly he decided a red was the order of the day given that awful injury. Given that sequence of events I dont suppose any card was issued in the end.

denzel

Just seen a bit of the Atalanta v City game. Defender pulls back Sterling on the very edge of the area with Sterling otherwise clean through.
Far more of a definitely goalscoring opportunity than the Bradford chap.
Yellow card given.