• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bradford City v Exeter City official matchday thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I suspect nobody else mentioned it before as we knew we could rely on you to do so Pete!! I've just had my first look at it, and if you actually look at the height of the ball as it went past Maxted, he would have to be about eight feet tall to been able to make any connection, hence why he started to come for it then changed his mind when he knew he wouldn't be able to reach it, then went to a position on his line where he thought there was a chance of stopping the ball. Unfortunately he was unable to stop it.

Just my opinion of course, as we are all, yourself included, entitled to.
At 6' plus and then add the length of his arms in to the equation plus the ability to jump, you are joking aren't you? Would he have been able to make a clean catch? Maybe not but he should have been able to get something on it to help it on it's way clear.

STURTZ

At what time did Lee. Martin break into the box and fall over? I had 34 mins on my ticket and am hoping for a pay out.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
My other gripe is that the regular centre back pairing has been switched twice at least this season and now has to be switched again. My preference is Moxey/Martin, but all three combinations of the three favoured centre backs have issues. The central defenders and Maxted have just not been good enough in our recent defeats.
For me, this is an issue. At League Two level, the reality is your central defenders are unlikely to be Virgil Van Dijk and they will make the odd mistake. At the same time, I think in the long-term you will reap the benefits if you identify your best pairing – any pairing even – and stick with it, rather than constantly changing personnel and / or formations. Unfortunately, after Saturday's shortcomings, I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see the situation further complicated with Gary Warren being added to the starting mix!

IndoMike

I hope Matt doesn't make too many changes. IMO it's always best to play your best XI. We rested 4 or 5 v Scunthorpe and lost. True we beat Plymouth next game but what's the point of kinda forfeiting 3 points in one game just to get them back in the next?

Banksy

A lot seems to depend on whether Law turns up or not , even , unfortunately from a goals scored point of view too. He is heading towards being our leading scorer which doesn’t say much for our forwards.
I wonder whether Matt will venture into the market in January for a forward even one on loan , given Seymour not clicking and Ajose being a bit of a damp squib. And what has happened to Fisher?
If the goals situation isn’t rectified soon we’ll be lucky to reach the playoffs let alone automatics.

Red Devon

A lot seems to depend on whether Law turns up or not , even , unfortunately from a goals scored point of view too. He is heading towards being our leading scorer which doesn’t say much for our forwards.
I wonder whether Matt will venture into the market in January for a forward even one on loan , given Seymour not clicking and Ajose being a bit of a damp squib. And what has happened to Fisher?
If the goals situation isn’t rectified soon we’ll be lucky to reach the playoffs let alone automatics.

Its a fast becoming a proper headache for MT as Bowman has everything else except goals in his game.

In an attempt to find an answer why not put MJ alongside Bowman with Lee Martin in the hole behind them and leave Jake Taylor fighting to regain his place back in the team once his suspension is over....surely there’s nothing to lose on at least trying something different and it’s not as lf MJ doesn’t deserve another chance.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Club have confirmed that they're appealing Tom Parkes red card. Have we ever won an appeal? We're little Exeter not Liverpool!

grecianstew

How many more players do we have to sacrifice before we realise that Bowman is not only a dreadful finisher but that he is really difficult to play alongside.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The Club have confirmed that they're appealing Tom Parkes red card. Have we ever won an appeal? We're little Exeter not Liverpool!
There were a few in previous times that were open and shut in my eyes where we didn't get them overturned*. The Parkes red on viewing the footage looked an absolute joke, but would the appeal consider that a clear and obvious error was made in sending him off? It's doubtful.

*Including one where a couple of years later the ref told me in person he'd got it wrong and actually apologised to the player the next time he saw him.

Oldsmobile-88

Must be reasonably confident..It’s a expensive business to appeal a dismissal.