• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scunthorpe v City - Build Up & Discussion Thread

Ash

If KVV and Hallam are not starter though, other than Loft who will be the other striker? Hopefully McAtee!

McArdle is a solid pro at this level and has done amazingly in recent games, including scoring the winner against Satanage. He's always vulnerable to pace and nippy attackers as you will know but thus far he's not really had to face many of them recently.
McArdle has been good in recent games, but for most of the first half of the season he was a car crash waiting to happen, and it often did. Hopefully that's all in the past now.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
McArdle has been good in recent games, but for most of the first half of the season he was a car crash waiting to happen, and it often did. Hopefully that's all in the past now.
His balls have started to clank again.

• Haha
Reactions: Ash

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
All our Centre Backs are as slow as things with shells on their backs..
I’d say 99% of L2 CBs are on the slow side.

ChardGrecian

I think we need to be careful as they have some pace in the team - so midfield and fullbacks will need to be right at the top of their games to cut out the breakaway threat - pace and commitment that you get from Archie, Taylor Jay and Kite. Press their defence high and we should be able to get result - play the donkey Atangana and we wont.

Colesman Ballz

Press their defence high and we should be able to get result - play the donkey Atangana and we wont.
Guess the schools are back and with it the playground name calling ! Contrast this with Saturday's match day thread on the Orient forum:- "Exeter down to nine men with Atangana and Caprice on, but we still won't score !" :unsure:

Red red

I hope MT doesn’t change to much because our season is a case of knit one pearl one drop one at the moment. We tend to drop one on a Tuesday

STURTZ

I hope MT doesn’t change to much because our season is a case of knit one pearl one drop one at the moment. We tend to drop one on a Tuesday
I certainly have on occasions, it's this high fibre diet.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Watching the highlights from the reverse fixture earlier in the season and our first goal would honestly not look out of place in the Champions League knockout stages.

IndoMike

Watching the highlights from the reverse fixture earlier in the season and our first goal would honestly not look out of place in the Champions League knockout stages.
It was a nice goal. Passing at good pace, on the floor, good movement, positivity.

imheretonosey

Scunthorpe fan here again

The reverse fixture was when half our players had COVID and some got kicked off our coach on the way down to your place.