• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scunthorpe v City - Build Up & Discussion Thread

imheretonosey

Cheers for that imheretonosey. Yes, i used to go in the Cluggy a lot as my sister lives just off the A18 near Thorne so just a short trip down there and over Gunness bridge and there is the ground. Always take in games when i'm visiting.

I don't know anything about Mason O'Malley so will have to watch out for him now you've pointed him out.

McArdle will be up against Van Veen who is hardly Usain Bolt and can more than match him for physicality. KVV however sometimes has a knack of fashioning his own chances out of nothing and doesn't necessarily need good service so this is a concern for us. Hartridge, despite his inexperience is more than capable of dealing with Loft / Hallam. I see McAtee is still with you. Not sure how though. Surely he'd be more at home at Brigg Town or somewhere. Headless chicken that kid.

Like i said, if you can get Eisa and Gillead running at our defence (especially McArdle ) then it's a concern but we have been defensively solid recently, largely due to our control of posession and high pressing, high tempo game and the defence not being put under as much pressure. If we are able to produce a similar display then i can't see the likes of Eisa and Gillead getting much time on the ball.

Any news on the redevelopment of GP? I know Swanny was thwarted by N Lincs council in building the new stadium after many years of wrangling and now has accepted defeat and planned to redevelop the ground and the area around the ground. TBH i thought he might be looking at wanting out as soon as the planning permission for the new ground was denied but he's still there.

I bet Mark the Donny Iron is also missing the footy and the chance to post some vlogs on youtube! Last time i saw him was when i decided to go away to Macc last season when the temperature was about 200 degrees centigrade and Scunny fans were collapsing on the terrace at Moss Rose with heat stroke!

The one thing i'm not missing though is that awful 'sunny scunny' song that the players trot out to on matchday at GP! It's cringeworthy! :LOL:;)

Anyway, may the best team on the night win!
Forgot to answer about the GP redevelopment, I believe planning permission was granted about a year ago but obviously due to COVID it’s been pushed back. I think work is scheduled to start in the summer and when it’s finished the capacity will reduce to 8500.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Played for both

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Watching the highlights from the reverse fixture earlier in the season and our first goal would honestly not look out of place in the Champions League knockout stages.
Pitch looks good ;)