• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scunthorpe v City - Build Up & Discussion Thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sweeney or Parkes.
Parkes still suspended innee?

If not suspect Parkes is more likely to replace Hartridge than McArdle who's right sided and doing alright at the moment.

Think Matt will keep the same centre backs for now. unless there's a suspension, injury or diabloical F**k up.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Parkes still suspended innee?

If not suspect Parkes is more likely to replace Hartridge than McArdle who's right sided and doing alright at the moment.

Think Matt will keep the same centre backs for now. unless there's a suspension, injury or diabloical F**k up.
After keeping 2 clean sheets in a row, regardless of the attacking threat offered by the opposition, I would hope MT wouldn't change the central defensive partnership. Parkes now needs to earn his place back in the side.

Grecianpasty

After keeping 2 clean sheets in a row, regardless of the attacking threat offered by the opposition, I would hope MT wouldn't change the central defensive partnership. Parkes now needs to earn his place back in the side.
Agreed. Our defense should not be changed. Fortunately our centre backs where barely tested yesterday, so I would expect them to start. Our full backs though seem to cover a lot more ground, and I would be suprised if both started a successive third game. That said, If fit they gotta play.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sweeney or Parkes.
Players need to be available to play.

The only option is Dyer.

Last edited:

Albumen

Don’t think the centre halves need a break. Hardly been tested in the last two games. Same team I reckon.

Think McArdle’s been solid. Starting to find his passing range too.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don’t think the centre halves need a break. Hardly been tested in the last two games. Same team I reckon.

The words McArdle and passing range are not synonymous. Hes an old skool clogger with experience but tbf that counts for a lot at this level and his place is currently deserved. If we were to go up I'd like to think McArdle wouldn't even be first choice cover.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The words McArdle and passing range are not synonymous. Hes an old skool clogger with experience but tbf that counts for a lot at this level and his place is currently deserved. If we were to go up I'd like to think McArdle wouldn't even be first choice cover.
Yes, he's an old school clogger but those long balls now seem a lot more accurate and caused Leyton Orient a lot of problems. The problem is that you would think we will really need his extra height and physicality against Cheltenham but is 4 games in a row too much for him. If Parkes was available, or Sweeney is miraculously fit I could see McCardle being rested against Scunny but can't see Taylor playing Dyer alongside Hartridge.

IndoMike

Neither have had an exhausting season, theoretically being 2nd choices. Only change during the match if they look wobbly.

IndoMike

Wasn't it his hoof that went straight to Bowman, who controlled it and sent that excellent pass for Randall to run onto and score?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member