• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Brunt

Devonboy

Agree. I believe that Brunt has a lot of talent. A valuable (if slightly risky) addition.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Frankly, that's a silly attitude imo.
Come on Pete, have a word with yourself. Of course it's a silly attitude.

I loved Dazza like a brother, the others were before my time. The point is that anyone coming to us from them should have dog**** put through their letterbox until they have proven to us over a reasonable period of time that they deserve to be treated better. I still stalk Sean McCarthy to this day, making his life unbearable - it's the least he deserves after getting sent off at Argyle in 2002.

If Brunt joins us, I will watch him with my arms crossed, tutting whenever he gives the ball away or misses a shot and looking unconvinced if and when he scores. If he gets 30 goals a season, kisses the badge a few times and says he's glad he moved here to get away from the ****hole that is Plymouth I will have his name tattooed on my arse.

Surely I can't be alone in this?

Spoonz Red E

I will have his name tattooed on my arse. Surely I can't be alone in this?
Not advised.

You'd need to use a mirror and might spell 'Brunt' backwards by mistake ...

PeteUSA

Yep not forgetting Johnny Williams and Alan Banks.
It no good I cant resist:

Johhny Williams? An absolute all time Argyle legend? I dont recall him coming anywhere near us!?

StroudGrecian

The point is that anyone coming to us from them should have dog**** put through their letterbox until they have proven to us over a reasonable period of time that they deserve to be treated better.
I take a slightly different approach, assuming the sc*m in question hasn't been a complete ******* when playing us (I'm looking at you, Paul Wotton), and give them the benefit of the doubt.

If after the reasonable period of time it transpires they are simply ****, or worse just taking the ****, like Barlow or Summerfield, that's when they should be run out of town like a common pygmy.

Edit: would like to see Brunt sign, I know all about ACL replacements and if he's had 2 then a definite risk, but a risk worth taking as he is quality.

Last edited:

MerleyRed

........................get away from the ****hole that is Plymouth I will have his name tattooed on my arse.

Surely I can't be alone in this?
Not an unusual practice these days. I have been told that ‘007’ has ‘Troy Archibald-Henville’ tattooed across his arse, albeit that because it required the use of both cheeks the hyphon has been replaced with an ‘O’.

iscalad

It no good I cant resist:

Johhny Williams? An absolute all time Argyle legend? I dont recall him coming anywhere near us!?
This guy? Bit before my time,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Williams_(footballer,_born_1935)

PeteUSA

Yep, that Johnny Williams. He played for Argyle for something like 10 years and many said he should have played at a higher level. Argyle played mostly in the old 2nd Division in his time. He ended his career at Bristol Rovers as I recall but none the less he was Argyle through and through. He certainly had nothing to do with City.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
His brother Peter played for us. Just the once, in a 6-1 defeat away to York in November 1960.

LDNGrecian

Rueben Reid?