• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Brunt

LDNGrecian

Always find it hilarious that if someone has one long term injury they are automatically considered 'injury prone'

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
And... Delve, Saxton, Randall, Hore etc....the list goes on.
Yep not forgetting Johnny Williams and Alan Banks.

Dubai Grecian

Did you not like Dazza then?
Remember Dazzas first season, seem to remember he was being played out wide, every time he came in front of the shed he was booed. Next season he was a footballing god.

We've always been a fickle bunch at SJP

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Remember Dazzas first season, seem to remember he was being played out wide, every time he came in front of the shed he was booed. Next season he was a footballing god.

We've always been a fickle bunch at SJP
Footie fans in general, I'd say. City no different

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Always find it hilarious that if someone has one long term injury they are automatically considered 'injury prone'
You clearly don't understand the procedure:

1) find ECFC news item

2) work out how it can be fitted into a "Tis is the problem" narrative

3) spout nonsense accordingly

Last edited:

D__Lo__

You clearly don't understand the procedure:

1) find ECFC news item

2) work out how it can be fitted into a "Tis is the problem" narrative

3) spout nonsense accordingly
As opposed to your 'procedure':

1) Find any 'anti-Tisdale' sentiment

2) Ignore validity completely

3) Criticise said sentiment/poster

Brunt had cruciate knee ligament damage when at Stoke in 2010-11 resulting in around 12 months out.

He was side-lined for a lengthy spell at Rovers too (with you guessed it a 'serious' knee injury (can't find what it was specifically despite extensive searching) and some ankle problems chucked in there for good measure. I get the impression a lot of lesser injuries followed which is understandable after being sidelined for so long) NB: Rover fans also describe him as "injury prone" :$ and the feel of a player only ever a wrong step away from another injury but quality on his day and possibly capable of playing League One with a run of football.

For anyone unclear on his recent injury at Argyle, it too was cruciate knee ligament damage.

I thought his injury record was questionable, a bit of research paints an even worst picture than I realised. Being informed goes a long way though...

Big risk but certainly the hall-marks of a recent City signing.

Last edited:

graiser

His recent cruciate injury was not the same leg as his 10/11 cruciate, if he gets fit you'll have a good player on your hands

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The problem with a cruciate injury is that it is normally repaired by grafting the hamstring to replace the torn cruciate. Problems then often occur with hamstring and or the injured knee. It's pretty much the worst injury you can have as a sportsman which needs to twist and turn.

eurogrecian

As opposed to your 'procedure':

1) Find any 'anti-Tisdale' sentiment
2) Ignore validity completely
3) Criticise said sentiment/poster
To be fair, it was you [3 Oct 2016] who said that last season's squad had no strength of character, that a significant number of the players would not still have careers as professional footballers if it wasn't for Tisdale and that lethargy and complacency in the squad ran deep.

I don't know much about cruciate injuries or Ryan Brunt, but the squad that was assembled last season gave good results, so if we are looking at signing him I'm happy to back the hunch of our scouts, management etc

tonykellowfan

At our level there will always be an element of risk with the majority of our signings. Harley when he first came to us had almost given up the game because of injuries. Reuben failed a medical at Newport ffs!