• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who are the 8 players out of contract?

ryancooper327

I think what gripes me most is that Ajose is staying on probably more money than Martin, having hardly kicked a ball all season. Martin has played the majority of games, scored in the play off semi, worn the armband multiple times and lead from the back. Gonna go out on a limb now and say I’d rather have Martin than Jake at the moment. Ah well. Hopefully we have some money and crowds soon and Martin hasn’t been snapped up.

ryancooper327

Does mean we’re looking at having 3,5,6,7,9,10,11 all available next season if Williams is sold. I’m a stickler for 1-11 numbering so exciting for me.

dontpassback

Must be the same for everyone though. At least we have a decent crop of youngsters coming through
That is exactly right,the clubs who nurtured their academy and placed it above the big spending ones who gambled will be the ones who have better seasons,i hope I am right of course,but we will have to wait and see

We will be in a much better position than many clubs next season, due to our excellent youngsters coming through the academy.
Presumably should the FA/League announce that fans can attend matches, or if we sell someone, or if Ollie Watkins is sold, we can look again at our budget.
At this point we could go back to some of the released players and offer a contract.
Releasing all the players is the only option we have currently.

Reactions: Ash

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s interesting that the article says the budget has been “frozen” for next season which implies MT will have the same budget to work with.

If this is the case then by releasing the 8 players he will have some manoeuvrability in the market.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do we think there is any likelihood of the suggested £1.25M salary cap happening in League 2 ? To me it looks to have "gone by the board" or at the very least will end up with so many exemptions for players already under contract etc, that it will end up as a shambles, however much merit it has ?

Boyo

Do we think there is any likelihood of the suggested £1.25M salary cap happening in League 2 ? To me it looks to have "gone by the board" or at the very least will end up with so many exemptions for players already under contract etc, that it will end up as a shambles, however much merit it has ?
It's just not practical or enforceable IMO, especially for 'next' season whenever that is. I suspect a number of clubs have existing players under contract for next season, that would break that threshold already. I'm thinking Bradford, Salford, Mansfield.

Colesman Ballz

It's just not practical or enforceable IMO, especially for 'next' season whenever that is. I suspect a number of clubs have existing players under contract for next season, that would break that threshold already. I'm thinking Bradford, Salford, Mansfield.
That is similar to my thoughts too. For example I wondered if Mansfield's burst of activity was in order to put contracts in place as an "insurance" (pun intended) ahead of any rule changes.?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Dean Moxey is leaving then we wish him well. He has had his big pay days and a very good career, but his performances are on the decline now and I think it's right the club must let him go.

Covid19 takes sentimentality out of the equation and the club must make ends meet now, with little income in the foreseeable future.
Dare I say, I think rumours of Deano's demise are much exaggerated.

Prior to the play-offs, we'd lost TWO league games this season in which Deano started – Swindon in February and Scunthorpe in October.

IndoMike

Dare I say, I think rumours of Deano's demise are much exaggerated.

Prior to the play-offs, we'd lost TWO league games this season in which Deano started – Swindon in February and Scunthorpe in October.
So he has been offered a new contract?
I thought someone was saying he hadn't..