• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who are the 8 players out of contract?

Macca

Such a shame we couldn't keep hold of Aaron Martin. From the games i attended this season, he was a really solid performer, very consistent and the best defender we had in the squad. I assume he was/is up there for the Player of the Season award?

The next season or two will be just as strange as this, i suspect that alot of the L2 clubs will rely on their u23 squads alot more than anticipated and the league will look very different. Hopeful given our performances in the u23 cup, but preparing for a bumpy ride!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry to hear that Aaron Martin has to leave. Think he had a good season for us and could do another good job next season.

IndoMike

If Dean Moxey is leaving then we wish him well. He has had his big pay days and a very good career, but his performances are on the decline now and I think it's right the club must let him go.

Covid19 takes sentimentality out of the equation and the club must make ends meet now, with little income in the foreseeable future.

LOG

He is the classic of a player that I hope we could offer a contract to on post Covid terms (less money) once it is clear when the next season will start.
I think this is it. There are a lot of financial questions up in the air at the moment and whilst any of the released players are free to look for employment elsewhere, there's no reason why, if they aren't successful, we couldn't approach them when things are a little more certain.

IndoMike

This seasons retained list will be purely down to finance and mitigating not having crowds (or specifically not knowing when we'll have crowds).

Looking at how irresponsible clubs like Mansfield are being currently by bringing in players without any clue or plan as to when we're going to start the season and more importantly how much of it will have crowds just shows the arrogance that exists in football
You're right. For a split second I forgot about the financial situation. And if the principle is contracts not renewable it must be the same for all of them.
Still sorry to hear that he will go, though.

denzel

I think too many on here have seriously underestimated the effect that COVID19 would have on ECFC finances. Unless we get a windfall of some description, we will not replace any of the players that have left. I fear a long hard season ahead - but am still hopeful. It is the hope that kills you!
Must be the same for everyone though. At least we have a decent crop of youngsters coming through

ryancooper327

removed

Last edited:

IndoMike

Think it'll just be a case of saving a wage until we know when the season will start again. If he is still available once we know the budget and start date for next season then I'm sure MT will be on the blower.
Yes. That's the case. An Ollie transfer would come in handy this summer.🙏

IndoMike

I think too many on here have seriously underestimated the effect that COVID19 would have on ECFC finances. Unless we get a windfall of some description, we will not replace any of the players that have left. I fear a long hard season ahead - but am still hopeful. It is the hope that kills you!
For football and for everything.

Banksy

If true and no replacements are possible we would never have managed to stay up in League 1 would we?
I suppose against that would have been hopefully bigger gates and bigger L1 payouts.And there is always
a chance of some Ollie money. Does anyone know what sell on if any there is for Ethan by the way?