• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who are the 8 players out of contract?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surely they can just release the list then? No need for contract discussions if they’re set on it.
Yes, but the problem is that the club need to prepare and issue appropriate tributes to great club servants who are leaving. And also releasing players in the middle of a Twitter ****storm will reignite it (to mix my metaphors!) and bring out the trolls and disrespectful anger of some fans. Glad I don’t have to manage this process..

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If the club Don’t keep Deano then that is a shocker as he has a wealth of experience in the game and would be a huge asset on and off the pitch.
Normally we would but it’s down to money.

Moxey was given a 3 year deal and I’ve heard he is one of the highest earners. He’s 34 now and we don’t have the funds to retain these players. Time for the likes of Hartridge and Dyer to step up.

Antony Moxey

If the club Don’t keep Deano then that is a shocker as he has a wealth of experience in the game and would be a huge asset on and off the pitch.
Not often I agree with you but that is spot on. One moment of madness doesn’t negate a career of awesomeness.

ElTorro

Great player but time to move on.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This was posted on Twitter earlier from the Athletic article. Sad to see Aaron Martin leave, really liked him:

ElTorro

May be a factor in the poor Wembley performance, not the greatest motivator!

andrew p long

Yikes... re Aaron Martin ...hasn’t his wife just had a baby too...and now he is out of work

( with one more payment at the end of this month from ECFC if he hasn’t found a club by then)

He is the classic of a player that I hope we could offer a contract to on post Covid terms (less money) once it is clear when the next season will start.

Ex-ciderrr

Sometimes they do, Nigel A for example but nothing was mentioned for Fisher. No idea why.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/exeter-city/kader/verein/6699

according to this link fisher is under contract for next season. If the link and site is true, I Didn’t realise Maxted contract was up either

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not often I agree with you but that is spot on. One moment of madness doesn’t negate a career of awesomeness.
It's not one moment of madness though, he's been sent off 6(?) times since his return to us, culminating in the stupidity at Wembley on Monday, a complete let down.

I will be forever grateful for the goal he scored allowing us to draw Utd in the cup and thus saving the club, but his return hasn't been great.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think too many on here have seriously underestimated the effect that COVID19 would have on ECFC finances. Unless we get a windfall of some description, we will not replace any of the players that have left. I fear a long hard season ahead - but am still hopeful. It is the hope that kills you!