• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
MOTD last night, Quite emotional at the end when they did a monologue for Ian Wright as it was his last time on the programme as a Pundit. Always liked Wrighty, His enthusiasm always shone through and he does know his stuff.

Stelios

MOTD last night, Quite emotional at the end when they did a monologue for Ian Wright as it was his last time on the programme as a Pundit. Always liked Wrighty, His enthusiasm always shone through and he does know his stuff.
I must admit I found him annoying when he first retired and they tried to make him into a light entertainment presenter and when he was the 'class clown' in the football studio but he's really grown on me over the the years and I will miss him (although lets be honest I doubt he's really retiring and he'll be doing loads of other media work)

Oldsmobile-88

Always wore his heart on his sleeve...We will miss Wrighty on MOTD.

Stelios

Episcopal School was between Mount Dinham & Haldon Road.
The old school building became part of Exeter college. Classic Victorian school 'vibes'. Was not a fan of having some subjects in the main tower block and others in Mount Dinham.

I think it's been converted to housing now

Screen Shot 2024-05-20 at 20.26.56.png

Oldsmobile-88

The old school building became part of Exeter college. Classic Victorian school 'vibes'. Was not a fan of having some subjects in the main tower block and others in Mount Dinham.

I think it's been converted to housing now

View attachment 15534
Yes, definitely converted into flats now. Quite tastefully too.

Mt Dinham is a lovely quiet spot in the city. They were all Almshouses owned by a charity when i worked the area. Not sure if they still are.

Stelios

Yes, definitely converted into flats now. Quite tastefully too.

Mt Dinham is a lovely quiet spot in the city. They were all Almshouses owned by a charity when i worked the area. Not sure if they still are.
Yes a quite unusual/nice part of the city. Sadly I didn't appreciate it at the time! Was either trudging back and forth between college buldings or off to town to buy CDs!

Oldsmobile-88

On the subject of TV Football Pundits. What’s Matt Le Tiss up to these days since he lost his Sky Sports gig ?

The pundit i enjoyed listening to most was not on TV. The late Jimmy Armfield was on R5L. Too old for the TV Studio, he had very interesting take on a game from being a player & manager for over 30 years.

Oldsmobile-88

Yes a quite unusual/nice part of the city. Sadly I didn't appreciate it at the time! Was either trudging back and forth between college buldings or off to town to buy CDs!
When I was at Exeter College in 1977, trudged between the main site a Hele Rd & Belmont Park annex on a Weds & Friday morning 😁

Oldsmobile-88

When I was at Exeter College in 1977, trudged between the main site a Hele Rd & Belmont Park annex on a Weds & Friday morning 😁
To keep it on topic i was on a TV & Radio maintenance course 😎

DB9

On the subject of TV Football Pundits. What’s Matt Le Tiss up to these days since he lost his Sky Sports gig ?

The pundit i enjoyed listening to most was not on TV. The late Jimmy Armfield was on R5L. Too old for the TV Studio, he had very interesting take on a game from being a player & manager for over 30 years.
Matt Le Tiss has gone down the Conspiracy Theory thing a bit and pops up on places like GBNews and YouTube channels. Jimmy Armfield had that comforting soft voice which was really great and came across with so much knowledge.