• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Captain Mainwaring says “Don’t forget the clocks go forward at 0100”

D6AFF7A5-9D3B-4610-9337-6A8480760E20.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

Darts night on BBC4 tonight(31st March)at 9pm.

A couple of the big ‘throwers’ from the 1980s era.

C0F5F3FF-C00F-43AD-9611-09F945608874.jpeg

Colesman Ballz

Darts night on BBC4 tonight(31st March)at 9pm.

A couple of the big ‘throwers’ from the 1980s era.

View attachment 15143
Iirc didn't Jocky Wilson "fall from grace" somewhat after "throwing his toys out of the pram" when losing to a player from Tiverton ? He was upset that the chap was taking too long to throw his darts ! Meanwhile the Crafty Cockney introduced the nation to the affliction of "dartitis" !

Oldsmobile-88

Iirc didn't Jocky Wilson "fall from grace" somewhat after "throwing his toys out of the pram" when losing to a player from Tiverton ? He was upset that the chap was taking too long to throw his darts ! Meanwhile the Crafty Cockney introduced the nation to the affliction of "dartitis" !
Sounds vaguely familiar....The big names in darts often played in pubs under sponsorship deals with breweries back in the day, iirc.
I remember Eric Bristow playing locals in The Holiday Inn pub, Dawlish Warren in early 1980’s

Oldsmobile-88

Who could forget one of Wilsons & Bristows contemporaries the ‘King of Bling’ Bobby George the Del Boy of the Darts 🎯 world.
He was also part of the BBC commentary team towards the end of his career.

E8565DB7-4536-4E24-ABFA-090E0BB75681.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

A interesting programme about Barry Fry on the Sky Football channel...I did not realise he is still quite involved with Peterborough United.

DB9

A interesting programme about Barry Fry on the Sky Football channel...I did not realise he is still quite involved with Peterborough United.
I'd look up the original programme about Peterborough and Barry Fry, He was manager then, more a type of DOF but the whole thing was hilarious to watch.

Oldsmobile-88

I'd look up the original programme about Peterborough and Barry Fry, He was manager then, more a type of DOF but the whole thing was hilarious to watch.
That was mentioned on last nights programme. Barry Fry said it helped save the club. Sky paid £250k a month for the coverage.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

That was mentioned on last nights programme. Barry Fry said it helped save the club. Sky paid £250k a month for the coverage.
Couple things I remember about that programme was the manager (Can't remember his name though) when he stormed out and the players having no respect for him either.

Bridgy 81

Thanks for the tip as I watched it morning and as it was only short I was in the mood to watch another.
So I found Tosh on Amazon Prime and have just sat through that one aswell.
It was made in 2022 and details John Toshack’s move from Liverpool to Swansea initially as Player Manager and then charts The Swans incredible rise from the bottom of Division 4 to sixth place in Division 1.
Some fantastic footage and interviews make it well worth a view if you have access to the channel.