• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks for the tip as I watched it morning and as it was only short I was in the mood to watch another.
So I found Tosh on Amazon Prime and have just sat through that one aswell.
It was made in 2022 and details John Toshack’s move from Liverpool to Swansea initially as Player Manager and then charts The Swans incredible rise from the bottom of Division 4 to sixth place in Division 1.
Some fantastic footage and interviews make it well worth a view if you have access to the channel.
I will check that out. Love football productions about that era. It was a incredible rise. Watford had a similar rise through the Football League at that time, though not as quickly as Swansea.

Bridgy 81

I will check that out. Love football productions about that era. It was a incredible rise. Watford had a similar rise through the Football League at that time, though not as quickly as Swansea.
Although I know it maybe hard to believe but I was a handy footballer when I was young.
I was an uncompromising (dirty) central defender and played for Taunton schoolboys and at county level.
I played at the Vetch Field for one or other against Swansea around the time Tosh would have been in charge.
It was a good experience but we got slaughtered.
I sometimes wonder if any of our opponents that night went on to make a name for themselves in the game 🙂

Oldsmobile-88

Margot Bryant(1897-1988) Played Minnie Caldwell, a character with a cat mentioned numerous times over the years..it was not just Mrs Slocombe who had issues with her ***** on TV 😻
Note at the end of the scene, Bryant takes the script prompt with her.

Oldsmobile-88

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Just watched the first episode(of 4) JFK: Destiny Betrayed on Sky Showcase. A deep look at the JFK era & Warren Commission Report. directed by Oliver Stone. Very interesting.

The CIA & FBI’s murky dealings are covered.

Oldsmobile-88

Historian Dan Show has fronted many great TV programmes. I highly recommend his podcast, Dan Snows history hits. Many topics & stories covered that are generally long forgotten. A recent one was the shipwreck & mutiny of HMS Wager off Chile in 1741 on its way to plunder the Spanish possessions in northern South American & Panama. A incredible story.

DB9

Been revisiting Band of Brothers, Probably because looking at clips of Masters Of The Air. Jeez this just so good, It never glorifies WW2, It's just a bunch of young men who parachuted into Normandy and done a job, The bond between these men is unshakable, Managed the first 2 DVD's so far, got interrupted for bit and hope to get back into them later this week. Wish all tv was like this.

Oldsmobile-88

Heads up.

TPTV Monday 15th April at 8.50pm is the acclaimed film The Death of Adolf Hitler. It was originally shown as part of ITVs Sunday Night Theatre series in 1973. This episode was broadcast on 7th of January starring Frank Finlay, Ray MacAnally & Clifford Rose.
Finlay won a BAFTA for his role in the film which dramatises the final 10 days in the bunker.
There have been many other films covering the same period, this one, i think is the best.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
No Only Connect tonight. :(

DB9

No Only Connect tonight. :(
Shame, They probably showed all the past champions episodes now, Look forward to a new series.