• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Life on Mars is available on Iplayer. Been binge watching this over the last few days. Brilliant stuff.

The non PC environment in 1973 is cringeworthy but somehow hilarious at the same time. It struck me that life was so much simpler back then.
That is a great series. I did not like the follow up Ashes to Ashes as much, though it’s still pretty good.

DB9

A friend who lived close by did not have access to a TV at home, it was not that his parents could not afford it, they thought it unnecessary. I invited him down to my house after school to watch Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea or Star Trek, which was a particular favourite of his.
Speaking of similar, A mate of mine, His parents was the first to get a colour TV, Of course my mate was the dogs bollox at school and he invited people to come round and watch it, Thunderbirds was the first programme I ever watched in colour, Soon though his mum got peeved off with loads of kids around so it soon stopped.

iscalad

This was a BBC2 favourite of mine back then.

I liked Colour Me Pop. Could only see it in black and white though. Some of the acts pop up on BBC4 compilations occassionaly.

Spoonz Red E

That is a great series. I did not like the follow up Ashes to Ashes as much, though it’s still pretty good.
The saving grace of the second series were the final few episodes for me.
First series was fantastic and the ending of it ... 👊

A tad disappointed that they didn't have a third series playing around in the afterlife called 'Fun to Funky'.

Spoonz Red E

Speaking of similar, A mate of mine, His parents was the first to get a colour TV, Of course my mate was the dogs bollox at school and he invited people to come round and watch it, Thunderbirds was the first programme I ever watched in colour, Soon though his mum got peeved off with loads of kids around so it soon stopped.
An absolute treat.
Gerry Anderson's colour palette was great.
Developed further with Captain Scarlet and mirrored by other series since such as Mutant Ninja Turtles and even the Teletubbies

Last edited:
Reactions: DB9

Oldsmobile-88

The saving grace of the second series were the final few episodes for me.
First series was fantastic and the ending of it ... 👊

A tad disappointed that they didn't have a third series playing around in the afterlife called 'Fun to Funky'.
I was watching the Ziggy Stardust Tour on YouTube last night. I think it was the final show at Hammersmith Odeon in July 1973...Fantastic stuff.

Oldsmobile-88

Not seen this gem in decades. Top Cat or as it was known in the UK, Boss Cat, due to a popular cat food known as Top Cat on sale in this country.

L to R, Top Cat(TC)Benny the Ball, Fancy-Fancy, Choo Choo, Brain & Spook.

You can still hear Brain saying “Right TC”

7CF794DB-09DE-41D0-A670-954D3E1955DA.jpeg

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not seen this gem in decades. Top Cat or as it was known in the UK, Boss Cat, due to a popular cat food known as Top Cat on sale in this country.

L to R, Top Cat(TC)Benny the Ball, Fancy-Fancy, Choo Choo, Brain & Spook.

You can still hear Brain saying “Right TC”

View attachment 15062
And Officer Dibble ordering TC not to keep using his phone !

Oldsmobile-88

On S4C this evening(26th March). The play off final between Wales & Poland (KO 7:45pm) for a place in this Summers Euros.

Oldsmobile-88

28th March 1997.

Arena on BBC2 at 9.30pm was a very interesting look at the early days of three legendary Scottish managers. Busby, Shankly & Stein.

81DB4DE6-DDB4-4D93-804A-D48748B1E1AD.jpeg