• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Watched all of the ITV drama Breathtaking, Found the 3rd episode hard to watch tbh, We were told by those daily briefings that all was under control up to a point, They were getting the big call right etc, But if this drama is to be believed (It was based on a real life doctor's experience in the Pandemic) The NHS was an absolute shitshow and those working in it on the frontline were so up against it, choosing who lived and who died, Having orders from NHS England which made no sense, Covid deniers trolling doctors/nurses online and outside hospitals. It was well made and the use of hand held cameras made it feel like you were there.
*Cue the usual suspects!*;)

Reactions: DB9

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Led Zeppelin fans.
Tonight 10pm Sky Arts. 4 part series on the band.

Oldsmobile-88

I noticed there are a few decent documentaries on FreeVee. I’ve not seen them advertised on other platforms. A couple about mass shootings in the US that I’ve forgotten about from decades ago, one in San Diego in 1984 & another on a commuter train on the east coast in 1994.

Alistair20000

All you chaps who assiduously watch Only Connect. I have a question.

Did I spot Jenny Ryan now The Vixen in The Chase on the episode broadcast tonight ? Presumably a recording from some years ago ?

DB9

Did I spot Jenny Ryan now The Vixen in The Chase on the episode broadcast tonight ? Presumably a recording from some years ago ?
I did miss it last night but the other week was a young Mark Labbett, The Beast from The Chase, So you might be right Al.

Alistair20000

I did miss it last night but the other week was a young Mark Labbett, The Beast from The Chase, So you might be right Al.
I saw The Beast too. As you say a very young version so the programme was years old. As I record University Challenge I get the last few minutes of Only Connect which precedes it.

iscalad

They are showing repeats of old shows at the moment. Last nights was winners of series 3 vs winners of series 4.
The Chase star unrecognisable while competing on rival BBC quiz show | Metro News

DB9

I saw The Beast too. As you say a very young version so the programme was years old. As I record University Challenge I get the last few minutes of Only Connect which precedes it.
Googling it Al, She did indeed appear on Only Connect, Last night it was a repeated BBC4 "Champions of Champions" edition of the show from 2011, So to get there she must of appeared on it a few times.

Alistair20000

Thanks for the info gents (y)

iscalad

Ah Ha..found out at last. VCM forever :love: