• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Probably this chap.
He's been on a few quizzes.
Cheers Spoonz, Just it made me listen when said about him being a huge fan of ECFC. (y)

Spoonz Red E

Cheers Spoonz, Just it made me listen when said about him being a huge fan of ECFC. (y)
As he's a solicitor in London the Exiles ought to be on to him ... :)

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Will this new drama Breathtaking on ITV have the same impact as the Post Office drama? It is based on a book by a doctor who was there at the start of the pandemic.

iscalad

Apparently he (his team) have a 10
out of 10 record on OC.

DB9

Apparently he (his team) have a 10
out of 10 record on OC.
Watching tonight, His team absolutely hammered the other team, Who by the way had a Chaser on their team

Spoonz Red E

Will this new drama Breathtaking on ITV have the same impact as the Post Office drama? It is based on a book by a doctor who was there at the start of the pandemic.
It will have impact for sure and a lot of the watching public will be livid.
Different to the effect of the Post Office drama 'though as there will also be divide on Twitter along the lines already drawn regarding Covid.
GBNews have already got their knives out for the doctor who provided source material for the drama.
They didn't get very far with their nudging to pin the PO scandal on Starmer and Ed Davey but will probably whip this up a bit more.

Stelios

I believe this joke travelled here from 1992 when Wayne's World was very popular.
IMG_0580.jpeg

Alistair20000

Watching tonight, His team absolutely hammered the other team, Who by the way had a Chaser on their team
Was the episode involving The Beast first screened 15 years ago ?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Absolutely enthralled with Kin, gritty Irish gangster story. Good plot with the ability to off road on occasions, lots of good characters, well acted has shades of The Sopranos about it.

On the other hand The Tourist is absolute sh1te and has been stretched out for another series when it would have been more humane to just let it die.
Agee wholeheartedly with the comments on Kin. Have just binge-watched the second series, which, IMO, is even better than the first.

Would also concur with your thoughts on The Tourist. I tried to like the first series but it seemed to me a prime case of the emperor's new clothes and I gave up some time before the end.

As an aside, can't see anyone has mentioned Netflix's adaptation of One Day. I haven't read the book, or seen the film, but this is beautiful and compelling – heartily recommended.

DB9

Watched all of the ITV drama Breathtaking, Found the 3rd episode hard to watch tbh, We were told by those daily briefings that all was under control up to a point, They were getting the big call right etc, But if this drama is to be believed (It was based on a real life doctor's experience in the Pandemic) The NHS was an absolute shitshow and those working in it on the frontline were so up against it, choosing who lived and who died, Having orders from NHS England which made no sense, Covid deniers trolling doctors/nurses online and outside hospitals. It was well made and the use of hand held cameras made it feel like you were there.

Reactions: Egg