• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust elections rerun

yticretexe

Go write some songs Alfie. You're addicted to a forum for a club you don't even follow 😂. Is there not an Ipsweb?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
That’s the one 😍

Number13

In his role as Interim Trust Chair Clive Harrison confirmed by email that:-

"With regard to Trust Meetings, They are not recorded and minutes are not published until approved, this accounts for the delay in publishing."

Having talked with a sage X Trustee recently it was felt that filming might inhibit discussions - perhaps times should change to better facilitate owner involvement ?

Up The Democratic City
So a trust member who cant attend cant see what was said and by whom? Because I thought the minutes on the website were well behind?

Mr Dale has a long way to go & lots of personal development if he wishes to stand for the trust.
That is funny, no doubt you will assume he is a 'loon' as well, yet at 78 years old just a City fan from a family of City fans. He has worked in business and comes across as a very respectable person. Such a community club that you prefer to 'gob off' and slag off another fan. Be nice and be kind!

simcity

So a trust member who cant attend cant see what was said and by whom? Because I thought the minutes on the website were well behind?
The website is awful to navigate. Maybe it’s me being rubbish but I couldn’t see previous minutes anywhere nor could I find a list of actual trustees, just the officers.

Plus I emailed this afternoon asking for the zoom link & submitted a question and haven’t received a response from the secretary.

Way to make the membership feel included 🤦🏻‍♂️

Alistair20000

The website is awful to navigate. Maybe it’s me being rubbish but I couldn’t see previous minutes anywhere nor could I find a list of actual trustees, just the officers.

Plus I emailed this afternoon asking for the zoom link & submitted a question and haven’t received a response from the secretary.

List of Trustees maybe taken down temporarily pending announcement of the election result ?

Colesman Ballz

List of Trustees maybe taken down temporarily pending announcement of the election result ?
And their positions, Nick Hawker will need to be reconfirmed as Chair if that is the will of the TB. God help us is Clive Harrison were to continue, given that he couldn't even manage to pass the "floating" microphone around to those asking questions at the AGM.

Pete Martin (CTID)

I totally agree about the website. I think it used to be much more user-friendly a while ago. I don't understand how it has been redesigned into what it is now. Far too complicated and difficult to navigate.

Bridgy 81

I attended tonight’s Trust Board meeting (remotely) mainly as an observer, which all members are entitled to do.
I appreciate that some of the business this evening was reconfirming who were leading which sub-committees after the recent re-run election.
I heard a discussion about the re-appointment of the Vice Chair but didn’t hear any discussion about the re-appointment of the Chair, but I might have missed that.
Two things struck me.
Firstly, although I know the Trust Board appoint the members of the Club Board to run the club, I was surprised that so little (no) discussion took place about our current malaise on the pitch.
I then thought maybe that would take place after the public part of the meeting was concluded.
But from about an hour into the meeting noises we’re being made about not wanting to keep people too long.
When the public part of the meeting ended everyone started to get up and leave the room.
So presumably unless they came back in after the feed ended there wasn’t a second part of the meeting.
Also, it appeared to me (again only viewing online) that Trust members in person at the meeting and remotely were asking questions which seemed to make the Board a little discomforted.
Maybe they’re not used to many members turning up, offering an opinion and asking questions.
But in a Supporters owned club that’s a good thing I would have thought.

Alistair20000

I attended tonight’s Trust Board meeting (remotely) mainly as an observer, which all members are entitled to do.
I appreciate that some of the business this evening was reconfirming who were leading which sub-committees after the recent re-run election.
I heard a discussion about the re-appointment of the Vice Chair but didn’t hear any discussion about the re-appointment of the Chair, but I might have missed that.
Two things struck me.
Firstly, although I know the Trust Board appoint the members of the Club Board to run the club, I was surprised that so little (no) discussion took place about our current malaise on the pitch.
I then thought maybe that would take place after the public part of the meeting was concluded.
But from about an hour into the meeting noises we’re being made about not wanting to keep people too long.
When the public part of the meeting ended everyone started to get up and leave the room.
So presumably unless they came back in after the feed ended there wasn’t a second part of the meeting.
Also, it appeared to me (again only viewing online) that Trust members in person at the meeting and remotely were asking questions which seemed to make the Board a little discomforted.
Maybe they’re not used to many members turning up, offering an opinion and asking questions.
But in a Supporters owned club that’s a good thing I would have thought.
The lack of discussion of the on field malaise perhaps tells a story.

Committees sub committees, blah blah blah heading up, process and procedures blah blah blah