• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust elections rerun

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
7 candidates, details as follows

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks Hants, can someone please remind me who was elected last time?

Fareham Grecian

Do you think Al Yates ever rereads his manifesto (or indeed his Exeweb postings) before he presses send?

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting - I spoke with Al at Cambridge and he was adamant he wouldn’t stand again until the review into the election issues was completed

I openly laughed at him and said “see you on the ballot” - turns out I was right 🤷‍♀️

fred binneys head

I don’t really understand Al’s pitch, he seems to be standing on a single issue, namely the process for future elections. So he’ll get elected now to ensure the next election runs fairly (in his view)? Seems odd.

And on the topic of the elections, he’s suggesting an independent member is appointed to the election review process to ensure fairness, but that person could be one of the candidates? How are they independent?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
All candidates are welcome to post on here and explain why they're standing.

Fareham Grecian

I don’t really understand Al’s pitch, he seems to be standing on a single issue, namely the process for future elections. So he’ll get elected now to ensure the next election runs fairly (in his view)?
Well he won’t will he. But good point well made.

fred binneys head

I would be interested in hearing from Al, I hope he replies on this thread so I can understand more about his concerns.

andrew p long

Thanks Hants, can someone please remind me who was elected last time?
the 7 candidates are the six who stood last time plus David Thompson (aka Gordon Dale)

The two who weren't elected were Alistair Yates and Debra Noble. The other 4 were the ones elected

That's Nick Hawker,Doug Gillard,Neil le Milliere and Michael Higgins.

PS corrected below by Student Grecian

Last edited:

StudentGrecian

Well he won’t will he. But good point well made.
He actually had a good number of people on board with him in the failed election.

But he will have lost that support surely based on this new manifesto and his actions after the results were announced. Cries of unfairness but puts very little substance behind his claims.