• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust elections rerun

We8Argyle

You cant ignore every poster that you disagree with surely.

If you had ambitions to stand for the trust, it makes it very difficult to be accepted by the membership if you ignore their views.

Try and understand other points of view. You never know you might agree with some of them.
Mr Dale has a long way to go & lots of personal development if he wishes to stand for the trust.

We8Argyle

The I told you so's will feel like a dagger through the heart
Haha but that will be a nice & secure league one heart so we all win.

Gordon Dale

You cant ignore every poster that you disagree with surely.

If you had ambitions to stand for the trust, it makes it very difficult to be accepted by the membership if you ignore their views.

Try and understand other points of view. You never know you might agree with some of them.
Regarding your reference to my recent candidacy. I was not at all ambitious. I stood because of perceived needs and with the support of some highly respected former Trust Board Members. My mantra was ' I am not bound to win , but I am bound to be true' ( With apologies to Abraham Lincoln).

Number13

You have a defeatist attitude. The change we need is one of the Trust directing the club board not vice versa. The Trust is the majority shareholder and can call the shots.

Why is the Board constructed of people who have no football experience? Why doesn’t the Trust chairperson have a vote?

Why is a guy appointed (not elected) to be Trust finance officer on the club board and does have a vote?

How did Jeremy Tipper get appointed as CEO and take the job unpaid? What was the recruitment process and who was he competing against?

Keep your head in the sand if you like but don’t moan if it all goes belly up.
Cutting through some of the nonsense on this thread, this post seems to be the key

If we are going to sing about "owning our football club" and actually having some say in the decisions then the Trust does indeed, through its elected members, need to call the shots

We need to be told exactly who is making decisions and on what knowledge and experience they are making them

We need to be sure that everyone who has a vote on any decision is the best person to be using that vote

And this doesnt need to just be about who hired / wont fire the manager, its about ensuring the academy is always at the forefront of importance and that football reasons are the priority at all times. Its lovely to hear about community initiatives etc etc but fundamentally we want a successful first team at the highest level possible playing football we want to watch with as many young / academy players in it as possible

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do these meetings get filmed so they can be watched back later? Monday evenings are never good but I would be interested to hear what the "average" trust member gets sight of from these
In his role as Interim Trust Chair Clive Harrison confirmed by email that:-

"With regard to Trust Meetings, They are not recorded and minutes are not published until approved, this accounts for the delay in publishing."

Having talked with a sage X Trustee recently it was felt that filming might inhibit discussions - perhaps times should change to better facilitate owner involvement ?

Up The Democratic City

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Talking of someone with football knowledge on the TB.
Sean Devine.......

andrew p long

Little old We8Argyle seems to be causing quite the stir on the Exe. I hope you all realise how unbearable i shall be once SGC turns it around.
We have a fair idea from how unbearable you are already...!:)

We8Argyle

We have a fair idea from how unbearable you are already...!:)
Mulitply it by a million...

Grecian Max

Little old We8Argyle seems to be causing quite the stir on the Exe. I hope you all realise how unbearable i shall be once SGC turns it around.
Please mate, change the avatar to at least the big man in a red scarf

The Celtic image is annoying me 😂

We8Argyle

Please mate, change the avatar to at least the big man in a red scarf

The Celtic image is annoying me 😂
Better?