• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust elections rerun

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I attended tonight’s Trust Board meeting (remotely) mainly as an observer, which all members are entitled to do.
I appreciate that some of the business this evening was reconfirming who were leading which sub-committees after the recent re-run election.
I heard a discussion about the re-appointment of the Vice Chair but didn’t hear any discussion about the re-appointment of the Chair, but I might have missed that.
Two things struck me.
Firstly, although I know the Trust Board appoint the members of the Club Board to run the club, I was surprised that so little (no) discussion took place about our current malaise on the pitch.
I then thought maybe that would take place after the public part of the meeting was concluded.
But from about an hour into the meeting noises we’re being made about not wanting to keep people too long.
When the public part of the meeting ended everyone started to get up and leave the room.
So presumably unless they came back in after the feed ended there wasn’t a second part of the meeting.
Also, it appeared to me (again only viewing online) that Trust members in person at the meeting and remotely were asking questions which seemed to make the Board a little discomforted.
Maybe they’re not used to many members turning up, offering an opinion and asking questions.
But in a Supporters owned club that’s a good thing I would have thought.
From tonight's and the Dec 23 Trust Board (now declared null and void with no minutes) the one thing fans need to fear is that, although the Trust Board might support peaceful protest in principle, it is totally up to the Club Safety Officer to decide if what they wear or display on banners at SJP is offensive at our fan owned club.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
From tonight's and the Dec 23 Trust Board (now declared null and void with no minutes) the one thing fans need to fear is that, although the Trust Board might support peaceful protest in principle, it is totally up to the Club Safety Officer to decide if what they wear or display on banners at SJP is offensive at our fan owned club.
If that is going to be the case, it will be a classic case of "buck passing" and an absolute abdication of the problem by both the TB and CB ! The Club appoints the CSO and he should be briefed accordingly unless a specific physical threat to fans safety clearly comes about. It is not his remit to make judgements on morality.

Last edited:

ExmouthMart

What has been said that is so inflammatory? Didn't he just mention that Caldwell won the league with Wigan? It's on record, we can't just deny the guy his dues because it doesn't fit.
Safeguarding

Kay Crawford: Matchday Operations Manager and Lead Designated Safeguarding Officer

Spoonz Red E

Safeguarding

Kay Crawford: Matchday Operations Manager and Lead Designated Safeguarding Officer
Safeguarding is a different thing.

The Club Safety Officer is Kevin Instance - Under 'Stadium & Facilities' at this link.

Last edited:

Mid Devon Grecian

I attended tonight’s Trust Board meeting (remotely) mainly as an observer, which all members are entitled to do.
I appreciate that some of the business this evening was reconfirming who were leading which sub-committees after the recent re-run election.
I heard a discussion about the re-appointment of the Vice Chair but didn’t hear any discussion about the re-appointment of the Chair, but I might have missed that.
Two things struck me.
Firstly, although I know the Trust Board appoint the members of the Club Board to run the club, I was surprised that so little (no) discussion took place about our current malaise on the pitch.
I then thought maybe that would take place after the public part of the meeting was concluded.
But from about an hour into the meeting noises we’re being made about not wanting to keep people too long.
When the public part of the meeting ended everyone started to get up and leave the room.
So presumably unless they came back in after the feed ended there wasn’t a second part of the meeting.
Also, it appeared to me (again only viewing online) that Trust members in person at the meeting and remotely were asking questions which seemed to make the Board a little discomforted.
Maybe they’re not used to many members turning up, offering an opinion and asking questions.
But in a Supporters owned club that’s a good thing I would have thought.
Nick Hawker did confirm that he had been re-elected as Chair but if you blinked you’d have missed it.

I believe there are two parts to the meeting, Part A is the public bit and Part B the confidential stuff. There was some waffle from Nick at the start of the Public session referencing the stuff they’d discussed in Part B so I assume that had taken place earlier in the evening.

I felt they were a little over defensive when questioned on some matters.

The complete abdication of responsibility ref the protest incident was disappointing. I totally get that it’s a matter between Club and individual concerned but the incident became public knowledge.

I don’t feel the Club/Trust have handled it at all well from a PR perspective and apparently we have a PR expert on our Club Board!

Mid Devon Grecian

The lack of discussion of the on field malaise perhaps tells a story.

Committees sub committees, blah blah blah heading up, process and procedures blah blah blah
All the stuff of interest is under wraps in Part B. I’m sure they do discuss it but not for publication to us plebs.

ExmouthMart

Safeguarding is a different thing.

The Club Safety Officer is Kevin Instance - Under 'Stadium & Facilities' at this link.
I stand corrected. Safe guarding is protecting the young and vulnerable from being exposed to anything that might damage them both physically and mentally. Very worthy obviously but does watching sh*t football come into that category somewhere?!

ExmouthMart

Nick Hawker did confirm that he had been re-elected as Chair but if you blinked you’d have missed it.

I believe there are two parts to the meeting, Part A is the public bit and Part B the confidential stuff. There was some waffle from Nick at the start of the Public session referencing the stuff they’d discussed in Part B so I assume that had taken place earlier in the evening.

I felt they were a little over defensive when questioned on some matters.

The complete abdication of responsibility ref the protest incident was disappointing. I totally get that it’s a matter between Club and individual concerned but the incident became public knowledge.

I don’t feel the Club/Trust have handled it at all well from a PR perspective and apparently we have a PR expert on our Club Board!
Isn’t there confidential stuff that those on the Club Board can’t divulge to The Trust Board who in turn can’t divulge anything ‘confidential’ (what exactly is confidential at the trust board meeting?!) to the members hence why there’s a closed section?! Perhaps we need someone on inside to leak all this confidential stuff. It’s not like anything will happen to you because we don’t ever sack anybody………

Spoonz Red E

I stand corrected. Safe guarding is protecting the young and vulnerable from being exposed to anything that might damage them both physically and mentally. Very worthy obviously but does watching sh*t football come into that category somewhere?!
If it does I've been in want of safeguarding for most of my City supporting days - certainly prior to 2003. :cool:

Avening Posse

maybe that's why many of us on here who have been a fan since the 70"s or longer are so messed up ?