• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust elections rerun

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Received the first run invitation and invitation to second hustings, not had anything since. Assuming that ECFCST haven't kept up to date with the latest email requirements to be able to send out mass emails. You pretty much rely on email verification now to have any hope of outbound emails working.
I was thinking something along the lines of this too - email marketing isn't really my bag but I know it's a pretty fast moving situation to keep up not getting spammed or bounce backs

cannockred

I was thinking something along the lines of this too - email marketing isn't really my bag but I know it's a pretty fast moving situation to keep up not getting spammed or bounce backs
Possibly why the trust has gone with an external company.

Garbage in, garbage out was my mantra for bulk emails?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure anyone will be sending back their CBE.
Doesn't Taggy have some kinda honour?!;)

ChardGrecian

I wonder who, on the Trust Board, is responsible for the newish system they use called VeryConnect?
so I heard Nick Hawker

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Email trouble-shooting

Alistair20000

Doesn't Taggy have some kinda honour?!;)
A British Empire Medal I believe

Fareham Grecian

As I have mentioned several times, I didn’t get the revised voting form despite getting all the other Trust emails around the election. I emailed the Secretary as instructed and within 24hrs had a response from Dean Matthews and another from Ben Thomas at mi-voice giving the correct form; apparently the first email had bounced back, though I have no idea why.

Good work chaps.

Spoonz Red E

As I have mentioned several times, I didn’t get the revised voting form despite getting all the other Trust emails around the election. I emailed the Secretary as instructed and within 24hrs had a response from Dean Matthews and another from Ben Thomas at mi-voice giving the correct form; apparently the first email had bounced back, though I have no idea why.

Good work chaps.
Exewebber Exhausted mentions in post #157 that his email "... somehow had an apostrophe put in front of it, which is why I was getting emails from the Trust but not the voting system".

Apostrophes can be added to the beginning of data during transfers from one system to another.
I know with Excel spreadsheets it can add apostrophes as a formatting marker to establish that a cell is text rather than numbers.
My guess is that this has happened somewhere along the line.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder who, on the Trust Board, is responsible for the newish system they use called VeryConnect?
Reading through 2023 TB mins it appears that the then Trust Chair (Nick Hawker) had involvement along with the Comms & Engagement Working Group. In the Chair's Report dated 13 Oct 23 (https://www.weownexetercityfc.co.uk/_files/ugd/3ce3b3_9c2cb028a0aa4973b8c3e6d191852b83.pdf) the Chair states:-

"I am now happy that VeryConnect is functioning appropriately to support the Trust membership. As I did with the ACCESS database, I have regularly reconciled the data with SPEKTRIX. The final piece of the jigsaw will be executed shortly, being the scheduled/automatic import of VC data (i.e., priority status). The only issue is that VC will import the data and this will incur an approximate 3- day delay, meaning the data will be immediately out of date! However, this will still make it more accurate than at present."

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
My brother always said

"If you computerise a mess, all you have is a computerised mess"