• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Election - Al Yates Nomination Details and Q&A Thread

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Al you have dug a hole for yourself bigger than the Euro Tunnel you do not help your cause in anyway by going on about yourself all the time I am not interested in what qualifications you have or how successful your Business is. Your use of constant management speak is a real turn off - it's like Buzzword Bingo I get enough of that at work I don't need it here. Also for constantly saying I can speak to people at an away game at Bradford or Cambridge etc appears that you are building yourself up as some super supporter
Your undoubted passion is to be admired but it spills over in your replies my only advice is read what you have written before you press send

AL_Yates

Thanks for the reply, and clearly you state some of the qualifications, I could be a fellow of the Institute with my over 25 years experience, I choose not to as I dont feel the need to be awarded it. You appear to be trying to discredit my position. Yet clearly as you have noted you have to be at a senior level in my industry to gain the award. In my late 20 I was Global Supply Chain Development Manager for Orange and operated between UK, Europe and Asia. I have been Global Programme Manager for a large automotive business GKN to name just two of my roles. I will let others decide on whether these are achievements or not. I am am very proud of my career achievements, again they speak for themselves. If anyone wishes to look at my professional profile on Linkedin, all my achievements are fully endorsed with over 20 business recommendations to back it up. My business accounts are in the public domain and fully up to date.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/alistairyates

With the experience I have gained and learning across working in 30 plus countries, can only be useful to the Trust.

AL_Yates

Al you have dug a hole for yourself bigger than the Euro Tunnel you do not help your cause in anyway by going on about yourself all the time I am not interested in what qualifications you have or how successful your Business is. Your use of constant management speak is a real turn off - it's like Buzzword Bingo I get enough of that at work I don't need it here. Also for constantly saying I can speak to people at an away game at Bradford or Cambridge etc appears that you are building yourself up as some super supporter
Your undoubted passion is to be admired but it spills over in your replies my only advice is read what you have written before you press send
Thanks for the note. HH12 it was not me that brought them up, clearly someone is incorrectly trying make a point. I like you would like to focus on other areas. I have considered all my responses before hitting send. This is an election where I choose to volunteer my services and aid the Trust. When I am being scrutinized, I will explain my position. Onto Cambridge now good night.

You appear to be trying to discredit my position.
I think it's pretty clear that the only thing I'm trying to do is stop you totally and utterly embarrassing yourself Al.

Unfortunately your latest response means I've failed.

However, thanks for confirming that you didn't actually get your chartered status due to the reasons you tried to suggest earlier.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
You said you fully support your brother re the acquisition of new kit deal but then say you have no interest in the subject. Isn't that a clear contradiction? Yes or no answer, please.
In your opening post you state that you are CMILT - obviously you are proud of that. But IINM you then say you aren't a chartered member. Forgive me if I've missed any questions or answers from you on this point : I haven't read the thread. And forgive me if I'm 'mistaken.: I'm just an old fogey and easily confused.

Last edited:
With regards to loans to the club I would like at options to recover the loans, to offset club corporation tax
TheManFromDelMonte.

He says......I can’t believe I missed this gem from one of your first few posts on this thread.

Repaying the loan back to the Trust will have no impact on Corporation Tax whatsoever for the Club, and any qualified accountant will tell you this.

Whoever has told you it can be offset is wrong Al, end of story.

The only thing you can offset is interest payments, if interest is charged.

You really shouldn’t be making such baseless promises or proposals, and it’s concerning that there might be people who have already voted for you on the back of statements like this one, because they think the club would save money in doing so.

Kind regards,

TheManFromDelMonte. (y)

HUFC1885

Friends of the Earth have a campaign going to reduce/remove 'single use plastic' from Football grounds.

How would you like to see the Club/Trust work with the Friends of the Earth.