• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Election - Al Yates Nomination Details and Q&A Thread

Interesting feedback thank you. Maybe in an open forum talking to someone I know not there identity I might choose to be eco0nomical with the truth and hypothesis. I will take your comments on the chin for now. But be safe in the knowledge I have some concerns. The cleaning up comment was linked to the share register, please dont get confuse with that comment. the election is still running, happy to discuss this at Cambridge away if you are present, I am happy to keep your identity secret to discuss this area or your concerns.
TheManFromDelMonte.

He says..............this comment is the problem though Al - "But be safe in the knowledge I have some concerns".

What you are essentially suggesting here is that you can see something that needs fixing, but you won't actually tell anyone what it is, but that you are the person to fix it and thus people should vote for you based on that.........really?!

RE: the Share Register - OK, understood - but I still don't understand your comment - the Trust own what, about 55% of the club right? On that basis, the Trust already has effective control of the club. The only thing it can't do is vote through a Special Resolution (for example, to change the Articles of Association), as it would need 75% of the shareholders to vote in favour, but unless you can explain to me why our Trust-run Club would want to do that right now, I can't see how that would make any difference to how the club is run, either now or in the future? Any ordinary resolution can be voted through by the Trust alone.

Therefore, I just don't understand what you're getting at here, particularly when you say "This also makes it easier to support investment and wealth management goals" - it might be a bit of a mess, but the Trust can support both of those goals now without any changes to the share register. If you don't think they can, please explain why.

Essentially, the problem I have is, you are great at spouting seemingly knowledgeable statements to support your case to be elected; but a huge number of people whose votes you are after might not understand exactly what it is you are saying and, unfortunately, when questioned you can't actually back up anything you've said.

Throwing out statements like "there are issues around the share ownership of the club that I would look to clean up", or "there are potentially issues with conflicts of interest that I would address in respect of businesses we deal with", or "there is a real danger we will have structural/commercial issues with the club and the Trust shortly", might make you sound impressive from a business perspective, but they are meaningless statements unless you support them........however, I've asked a number of times for you to actually clarify what you mean, and yet you won't.

Sorry Al, but as well-intentioned as your efforts are, I think anyone reading this thread should realise that the reason you won't, is because you can't.

You should watch the video I posted previously - the politician.......that's you, that is.

Kind regards,

TheManFromDelMonte. (y)

Reactions: DB9

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was part of the SIEGE ARMY interviewed in the media to gain more support.
The Siege Army. Always made me smile. Did you guys ever realise that 'siege' is not a verb?

i8cornwall

Thanks for the mail. You need to have a conversation with the graphic work person I believe, he is openly a member of the Red Legion. As someone that has met the Red Legion prior to the Liverpool game to help sort out some of the display and items I procured, I am surprised to hear you say that. A member of the inner circle of the RL who now works with reps abroad worked closely with me as well, especially at the start. There is no deception the facts are there for you to obtain. Perhaps you would private message me with the correct framework for dialog in the future. I was part of the SIEGE ARMY interviewed in the media to gain more support.
I literally have no idea what the first part of that means. I was part of the group from the beginning and have been for the last 4 plus years. Which items are you referring to for the Liverpool display?

I've no idea who are forgiegn member who works with a rep is either. If you wish to discuss the RL with me or "the framework" then you're more then welcome to message me, I'm not part of the trust so you're not losing or winning my vote. I'm more concerned you're using the groups name to try and win votes.

Also I wasn't part of the Seige Army so what you might have done with this group is of little interest to me.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Siege Army. Always made me smile. Did you guys ever realise that 'siege' is not a verb?
This jarred with me so I looked it up. I'd say it can be, mainly in archaic and American usage, though I agree "besiege" or "lay siege to" is more more modern as well as more elegant.

Spoonz Red E

Don't confuse me.

I've only just realised that army isn't an adjective ...

Matt Russell

I thought I knew what TheManFromDelMonte did with fruit, but until now I hadn't realised that he skewers them.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't confuse me.

I've only just realised that army isn't an adjective ...
I keep my armies up my sleevies.

StroudGrecian

I keep my armies up my sleevies.
This jarred with me so I looked it up. I'd say it can be, mainly in archaic and American usage, though I agree "besiege" or "lay siege to" is more more modern as well as more elegant.

You siege if you want John.

If ever I feel the need, I will besiege.

Though I think the Siege Army were more the besieged.

My LP collection would be chaos if I didn’t operate a very strictly maintained Cher Register.

Fareham Grecian

Interesting feedback thank you. Maybe in an open forum talking to someone I know not there identity I might choose to be economical with the truth and hypothesis. I will take your comments on the chin for now. But be safe in the knowledge I have some concerns. The cleaning up comment was linked to the share register, please dont get confuse with that comment. the election is still running, happy to discuss this at Cambridge away if you are present, I am happy to keep your identity secret to discuss this area or your concerns.
I am genuinely sorry if English is not your first language, but this literally makes no sense. I have no idea what you are trying to say. Most of your posts have been full of meaningless management speak but this is illiterate.