• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Election - Al Yates Nomination Details and Q&A Thread

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
My LP collection would be chaos if I didn’t operate a very strictly maintained Cher Register.
There is no Cher register.

She uses autotune.

HUFC1885

Sincere thank you for engaging with us fans these past couple of weeks, and hope all candidates get on the Trust Board this year or next you have provided interesting answers to questions to a very high standard.

TheManFromDelMonte.

He says.......one thing I'm a little confused about Al is that you talk about "conflicts of interest" between the club and suppliers/companies they deal with.

Yet, you also talk at the start of this thread (and at the hustings) about changing kit suppliers, and that your brother is involved in that particular proposal......which you fully support.....

Are we to assume from this that you are only interested in sorting out conflicts of interest between suppliers and the club that don't involve your family?

Kind regards

TheManFromDelMonte (y)

AL_Yates

TheManFromDelMonte.

He says.......one thing I'm a little confused about Al is that you talk about "conflicts of interest" between the club and suppliers/companies they deal with.

Yet, you also talk at the start of this thread (and at the hustings) about changing kit suppliers, and that your brother is involved in that particular proposal......which you fully support.....

Are we to assume from this that you are only interested in sorting out conflicts of interest between suppliers and the club that don't involve your family?

Kind regards

TheManFromDelMonte (y)
Thanks for your question, in terms of conflicts of interest I have none. I have no involvement at all in the group discussing kits and neither seek to have involvement. I only discovered about this after they presented the Board. People that no me and my brother. understand we sing from different song sheets at times - he is own man and I respect his opinions.

At Hustings I supported reviewing fan engagement in the kit process, to give people the vote on choosing kits. I would not now or in the future ever want to be involved for my benefit in kits, or other area that are linked with the club. I would support a solution that delivers ongoing benefit and income to the Trust, as we only raised less than c.£1k from fundraising in this area this year. . I did like the idea from Yasmin of the ladies kits being bespoke. For the record I do not fully support the kits proposal you mention at this stage, as I am unaware of the full detail.

I am disappointed that anyone would consider I have another motive to stand, other than being passionate about our club. My business dealings are second to none with my own business and my integrity is my biggest asset. An interesting question, but totally unfounded in its view or assumption.

AL_Yates

I am genuinely sorry if English is not your first language, but this literally makes no sense. I have no idea what you are trying to say. Most of your posts have been full of meaningless management speak but this is illiterate.
Apologies..thanks for picking that up. I was writing late at night, after a long work day and sorting the kids.

Last edited:
Thanks for your question, in terms of conflicts of interest I have none. I have no involvement at all in the group discussing kits and neither seek to have involvement. I only discovered about this after they presented the Board. People that no me and my brother. understand we sing from different song sheets at times - he is own man and I respect his opinions.

At Hustings I supported reviewing fan engagement in the kit process, to give people the vote on choosing kits. I would not now or in the future ever want to be involved for my benefit in kits, or other area that are linked with the club. I would support a solution that delivers ongoing benefit and income to the Trust, as we only raised less than c.£1k from fundraising in this area this year. . I did like the idea from Yasmin of the ladies kits being bespoke. For the record I do not fully support the kits proposal you mention at this stage, as I am unaware of the full detail.

I am disappointed that anyone would consider I have another motive to stand, other than being passionate about our club. My business dealings are second to none with my own business and my integrity is my biggest asset. An interesting question, but totally unfounded in its view or assumption.
TheManFromDelMonte.

He says.........it is not me, but you that has made statements about conflicts of interest with suppliers (making out it's an issue that you would review/address if elected), and earlier in this thread clearly state "I am aware that some discussions are already taking place, related to the kits, my brother has been part of a proposal to the Trust of some new ventures. Which I support, but will leave that team to divulge when appropriate".

You now state above that you don't fully support it, as you're unaware of the full detail - bit of an about-turn there Al.

I have made no reference to a personal conflict of interest, or to your integrity, I was merely making the point that you have suggested that the club already has issues with conflicts of interest in their dealings with external businesses; yet you state that you support a proposal from your brother (who I assume is not making it for purely philanthropic reasons)? If you can't see how that, simply in itself, could be viewed as a potential conflict of interest and thus very ironic based on your position from statements on here, then I'm amazed.

It's even more worrying when you then go on to state "My business dealings are second to none with my own business" - really?
I thought I was speaking to Alistair Yates, not Bill Gates - I know your names rhyme (to be honest, given your responses so far, I'm surprised that you didn't put this as a positive point in your manifesto), but please, turn down the rhetoric for once in your life and just answer a question in a clear and concise manner so that people can actually understand you..........

Kind regards,

TheManFromDelMonte (y)

PS: Thanks for the private message - I'm not going to respond to you, but just to be quite clear on one issue (as the content of my posts on this thread appear to have passed you by) - no, I won't be voting for you.

AL_Yates

For the
TheManFromDelMonte.

He says.........it is not me, but you that has made statements about conflicts of interest with suppliers (making out it's an issue that you would review/address if elected), and earlier in this thread clearly state "I am aware that some discussions are already taking place, related to the kits, my brother has been part of a proposal to the Trust of some new ventures. Which I support, but will leave that team to divulge when appropriate".

You now state above that you don't fully support it, as you're unaware of the full detail - bit of an about-turn there Al.

I have made no reference to a personal conflict of interest, or to your integrity, I was merely making the point that you have suggested that the club already has issues with conflicts of interest in their dealings with external businesses; yet you state that you support a proposal from your brother (who I assume is not making it for purely philanthropic reasons)? If you can't see how that, simply in itself, could be viewed as a potential conflict of interest and thus very ironic based on your position from statements on here, then I'm amazed.

It's even more worrying when you then go on to state "My business dealings are second to none with my own business" - really?
I thought I was speaking to Alistair Yates, not Bill Gates - I know your names rhyme (to be honest, given your responses so far, I'm surprised that you didn't put this as a positive point in your manifesto), but please, turn down the rhetoric for once in your life and just answer a question in a clear and concise manner so that people can actually understand you..........

Kind regards,

TheManFromDelMonte (y)

PS: Thanks for the private message - I'm not going to respond to you, but just to be quite clear on one issue (as the content of my posts on this thread appear to have passed you by) - no, I won't be voting for you.
Thanks for your feedback, sorry you did not want to engage in a deeper conversation on the subject, to clarify my position. Obviously gutted you are not planning to vote for me, but I do hope you vote for one of the fantastic candidates. Please dont waste your vote.

You have made your own decisions from the honest and simple comments I have made. I am sure as you know so much about me views, you will understand how little I know about the kit discussion. It has been in the public forum for a few weeks, and that is about all I know. I believe they attended the EDGs, Supporters Club, Club Board and Trust with their innovative ideas. For the last time and for the record, I do not know any commercials related to the proposals, and I also have nothing to do with it on that front. Nor would I ever wish to benefit from the club on any matter. Do I support the proposal, with the little information I have, I do so in principle. My manifesto is about getting the Trust brand out across many avenues as possible and generating income for the Trust.

My views on governance are around tidying the share register of the club to strengthen the bond with the Trust, which is in my manifesto. I also would look at the limited structure linkage of the the club. Given I am aware of the Greater Exeter proposals locally and want to understand how the club is suitably positioned and protected in these changes.

I would kindly as you refrain from anonymous comments on myself and my business. Exeweb is a social media channel to support transparency in the election. I have been more than open, engaging and transparent on any subject related to the Trust. I am 99% sure I have answered every question asked. To increase inclusivity and engagement we need to remember Trust is an open forum, one man one vote. We are volunteering time, money and expertise by standing.

All the best Al See you at Cambridge or at the club like I proposed on our conversation for a sensible open discussion. #greciansasone

Thank you for your feedback, yes I did

For the

Thanks for your feedback, sorry you did not want to engage in a deeper conversation on the subject, to clarify my position. Obviously gutted you are not planning to vote for me, but I do hope you vote for one of the fantastic candidates. Please dont waste your vote.

You have made your own decisions from the honest and simple comments I have made. I am sure as you know so much about me views, you will understand how little I know about the kit discussion. It has been in the public forum for a few weeks, and that is about all I know. I believe they attended the EDGs, Supporters Club, Club Board and Trust with their innovative ideas. For the last time and for the record, I do not know any commercials related to the proposals, and I also have nothing to do with it on that front. Nor would I ever wish to benefit from the club on any matter. Do I support the proposal, with the little information I have, I do so in principle. My manifesto is about getting the Trust brand out across many avenues as possible and generating income for the Trust.

My views on governance are around tidying the share register of the club to strengthen the bond with the Trust, which is in my manifesto. I also would look at the limited structure linkage of the the club. Given I am aware of the Greater Exeter proposals locally and want to understand how the club is suitably positioned and protected in these changes.

I would kindly as you refrain from anonymous comments on myself and my business. Exeweb is a social media channel to support transparency in the election. I have been more than open, engaging and transparent on any subject related to the Trust. I am 99% sure I have answered every question asked. To increase inclusivity and engagement we need to remember Trust is an open forum, one man one vote. We are volunteering time, money and expertise by standing.

All the best Al See you at Cambridge or at the club like I proposed on our conversation for a sensible open discussion. #greciansasone

Thank you for your feedback, yes I did
TheManFromDelMonte.

He says............in all cases, I have only ever mentioned or raised questions based on your own comments Al.

For example, it wasn't me that raised issues of conflicts of interest, or that mentioned your business acumen (as per your manifesto and the statement "My business dealings are second to none with my own business").

The point here is, I don't think you've been clear in most of your responses, I don't think you've answered many of my queries at all (I notice you've ignored my question relating to whether the Trust can vote through Ordinary Resolutions or not, as it stands), and I simply don't agree with you on a number of things you've said (where I can actually fathom what it is you've said).

Yet another example is shown above, where you have said "I also would look at the limited structure linkage of the the club." - what on earth does that actually mean? There is nothing I, or in my view anyone else, can actually take from that sentence that is remotely useful......

You say "sorry you did not want to engage in a deeper conversation on the subject, to clarify my position" - I have been trying to do that here so that everyone can understand what you are driving at, and to clarify your views/position on issues you have raised.

However, this is clearly getting us nowhere and the vote closes tomorrow, so I'm going to bring this to an end now.

Your enthusiasm and passion for the club is clear and, from a personal perspective, I wish you all the best Al.
In the right role, I think you'd probably be a very positive asset for the Trust (and thus the club) - I just don't think it's as a Trust Board member.

Kind regards,

TheManFromDelMonte. (y)

AL_Yates

Thanks for your further response.

You cant explain everything on social media accounts, clearly there is a suitable time and a place. Social media accounts and anonymous accounts clearly dont help matters in judging the value of questions and motives. I have been patient, open and transparent in all my answers for you.

The Links to companies link to the Trust Ltd Company. Exeter City AFC Ltd (62.9% Trust ownership, last time I looked of the 30K+ shares), Great Exeter Consortium bodies and all bodies that charge consulting fees to the club. The Trust has a £828k loan in the club and donations yearly (c£100k-150K), which I not comfortable with personally, my personal opinion. I am looking for us to review that and work to get the full value for money from the dormant shareholders, or exchange the shares. I am also looking to adjust the leverage (debt ratio) of the club to make it stronger. Paying the monies to the Trust would present more opportunities, once we receive another windfall (Ollie Watkins transfer fee potentially as an example)

Well I am disappointed not to get your vote this time, maybe I can change opinions in time. I run a successful business profitable for the last 8 years. I am member of a Chartered Institute for services to my industry and for the global professional successes I have had. I operate at Board Level in industry as a trusted advisor in turnaround and transformation programmes. As for the Trust my records speaks for itself. I am lucky then it is one man one vote.

Yours In Trust

Al

I am member of a Chartered Institute for services to my industry and for the global professional successes I have had.
TheManFromDelMonte.

He says.......I know I said I would stop, but I cannot let this go.

You and I both know that the above statement is complete and utter garbage Al.

You are a Chartered Member of the Institute of Logistics and Transport, which means that you need to meet the following criteria:

• An accredited degree AND at least four years experience in the profession (including two years at senior level); OR
  • The relevant Level 6 qualification or the CILT Advanced Diploma AND at least five years in the profession (including two years at senior level); OR
  • A non-relevant degree and at least seven years experience in the profession (including two years at senior level).
You can also apply for CMILT without any formal qualifications but must have the seven years experience with two at a senior level.

You are not even a Chartered Fellow of the Institute, for which you need nominating by three Chartered Members or Chartered Fellows, and must have seven years experience at a high level of management responsibility within the profession.

Basically, anyone with a degree and enough years experience (and a CPD plan) can get the membership level you have.

So please, just stop trying to impress people with complete and utter horseshit - your Chartered Membership was not achieved for "services to industry", or for the
"global professional successes" you've had, and you damn well know it.

Kind regards,

TheManFromDelMonte (y)