• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Your clutching a straws in desperation then.
Who would you be signing ?

chunkymorrinmunter

Jesus Christ.

:LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Not quite match fit

ryancooper327

Your clutching a straws in desperation then.
It’s either;
- pay a fee for someone (unlikely)
- take over someone’s contract who isn’t wanted (would have to be a better club and take a wage cut - unlikely)
- sign a free who possibly hasn’t played in 12 months and needs time to get up to match fitness (likely but we need immediate impact)
- sign someone who has played recently in a short term deal (surely a good option)
- a loan which could be a O’Shea or could be a Cundy (again, likely but could go either way and may need bedding in time)

Believe me I’d rather someone better than Pearce but I’m being realistic with who we can afford to get. MT always says how hard it is to get people down here, probably now more so with everything going on.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who would you be signing ?
I couldn't give you a name but could give you a profile. Actually I could give you name and use him as the guideline, Dara O'Shea. Physically strong enough, quicker than what we have now, has a good basic game that can be built on and young enough to be hungry to make the most of the opportunity. Whether that means we get somebody in on loan or whether we can find somebody in the manner we got Randell Williams I don't know but that is the sort of player we need.

older-codger

I couldn't give you a name but could give you a profile. Actually I could give you name and use him as the guideline, Dara O'Shea. Physically strong enough, quicker than what we have now, has a good basic game that can be built on and young enough to be hungry to make the most of the opportunity. Whether that means we get somebody in on loan or whether we can find somebody in the manner we got Randell Williams I don't know but that is the sort of player we need.
Watch this space tomorrow!

ryancooper327

Maybe a Reading CB on loan?

benjisheps

I agree we need a player in the O’Shea profile in terms of aggressive, good in the air and with some pace if possible. However let’s not forget it took O’Shea half a season to actually find his feet and force his way into the City team.
That’s the difficulty here as anyone we sign needs to be able to make an immediate impact. I’d be surprised if we take a player on their first loan but could see us signing someone from a higher level who has previously done well out on loan.

In terms of Krystian Pearce I actually thought we may have gone for him this summer as fitted what MT was looking for and he had played for Torquay so knew the area. Not sure he is what we are looking for now though.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe a Reading CB on loan?
A goalkeeper wouldn’t be the biggest surprise.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
A goalkeeper wouldn’t be the biggest surprise.
Looking at the size of Jokull he could play CB or in goal and knows our players !
UTC

dontpassback

Krystian Pearce is free now his short term deal at Solihull is up. Still a good age and I think would be an excellent pick up. Surprised he dropped into NL to be honest, if only for 6 months. Only just turned 31 and would be better than Sweeney and McArdle.
Is that the same lad who used to play for the gulls ?