• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I agree, we need a more mobile CB. I would like to see a forward who has a bit of explosive pace about them, not sure we need a like for like with Bowman. We don't currently have someone to get in behind the the defence... well Ajose might but we'll never know now.

Red Devon

Our CB issues are more about aerial dominance than pace.

JCWhoosh

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. In my humble opinion and in fairness to MT, Mcardle had decent pedigree for league 2 and thought he was a good signing. He is a former international so must have had decent training and experience. Just hasn't quite happened for him. I think both Parkes, Sweeny and Mcardle are too similar. We don't have a plan B off the bench in both defence and attack. Looking forward to seeing what MT has in store. He is still learning and can only get better in the transfer market with experience. I hope that he has a little more money to pay loan wages to get the calibre of player he wants rather than picking the scraps at the end of the window to see who is left.

Red Devon

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. In my humble opinion and in fairness to MT, Mcardle had decent pedigree for league 2 and thought he was a good signing. He is a former international so must have had decent training and experience. Just hasn't quite happened for him. I think both Parkes, Sweeny and Mcardle are too similar. We don't have a plan B off the bench in both defence and attack. Looking forward to seeing what MT has in store. He is still learning and can only get better in the transfer market with experience. I hope that he has a little more money to pay loan wages to get the calibre of player he wants rather than picking the scraps at the end of the window to see who is left.
MacArdle was superb at Bradford four or five years ago during their cup runs and promotion season sadly for us he’s well over the hill.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ve not seen McArdle play yet as not a fan of Ifollow but I am sure his lack of consistent game time has contributed to his poor form. However, I do think that signing a 33 year old and slow CB was a risk. He could have been a Rob Edwards type but the chances were that he’d be more of a Gary Warren type.

If we can look at a young CB on loan who has some pedigree plus they’re mobile, then we will undoubtedly improve that position.

As for a striker, I was disappointed when Zanzala went to Carlisle as I could see him doing a good job for us. We need presence up there and again mobility to compliment the players playing behind them. Not easy to find.

Also with Williams’ injury I wonder if MT will look for a wide player on loan? He said he’s looking all over so that’s a possibility I’d imagine.

dontpassback

We have to trust that MT will get what he needs and gets the right players in,he would be the firs to admit he hasn’t always got it right,but as others have said he is on a learning curve

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ve not seen McArdle play yet
You're very fortunate.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We don't currently have someone to get in behind the the defence... well Ajose might but we'll never know now.
We do know, and we know he's not the answer.

grecIAN Harris

We do know, and we know he's not the answer.
Ajose won't be the answer because he doesn't fit the system. He should be the answer if Matt would be brave enough to play two strikers right up top instead of one up and one in behind as has been his way since he took over.

Grecianpasty

We don't have a right sided centre back that's good enough for league two. I'd imagine it's the priority. And with MT stating that he's looking at striker, is Stockley a realistic target?

Nicholls would have been a prime candidate...