• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Things you dont see anymore

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Difficult one this because art is subjective, Someone thinks it crap, Someone else thinks it's amazing.
The top floor of the Musee D'Orsay is stunning with the art they show. Can't wait for a day trip to revisit.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
The top floor of the Musee D'Orsay is stunning with the art they show. Can't wait for a day trip to revisit.
I went with my good lady to the Googlhiem? museum in Venice, She loved it, i was like "Really?"

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I went with my good lady to the Googlhiem? museum in Venice, She loved it, i was like "Really?"
Made a special trip to Bilboa to see the Guggleheim museum, was great with loads of Vassily Kandinsky. Walked through Central Park to the New York Guggleheim, however it was Thursday and they were closed :)

iscalad

Whether he is or not, to call him one, and his opinions 'bollox,' is disrespectful and poor moderation IMHO.

Lego - worth noting perhaps that when Klimt & his Secessionist buddies were active some 120 years ago, many considered their work as worthless as you do of Banksy today - all a question of perspective.
And Van Gogh sold how many paintings in his lifetime?

Alistair20000

Made a special trip to Bilboa to see the Guggleheim museum, was great with loads of Vassily Kandinsky. Walked through Central Park to the New York Guggleheim, however it was Thursday and they were closed :)
At the risk of causing offence and you can call me Mr Picky if you wish, shirley you mean Wassily ?

I was re-watching Double Jeopardy (1999) last night in which design covers for Kandinsky's Der Blaue Reiter/The Blue Rider 1911 feature. This particular philistine of the art scene much preferred to admire the very lovely Ashley Judd instead mind.

iscalad

Well....I've been to the Uffizi, Louvre and Rijksmuseum, but I know nothing about art.

iscalad

Excellent lateral thinking isca (y) Would give you enough Wonga to buy up ECFC and take us to the Champions League.
Or I could just waste it.😁

Oldsmobile-88

I presume CO Safety is something to do with the difference between a blue flame and yellow flame or something like that?
I meant to say CO safety is not confined to gas burning appliances.
Coal fires/wood burning stoves & believe it or not disposable barbecues(in confined spaces) can all give off fatal doses of CO over a period of time in certain conditions
Barbecues cooling down in tents are particularly dangerous when the tent is all sealed up & cosy.

Ventilation/vents is very important.It causes draughts but is there for a reason.
Houses were naturally draughty & well vented years ago but with uPVC doors & windows,fitted carpets & foam filled cavities that natural ventilation has gone.

Alistair20000

Or I could just waste it.😁
On Beat The Bookie ? :)

DB9

I meant to say CO safety is not confined to gas burning appliances.
Coal fires/wood burning stoves & believe it or not disposable barbecues(in confined spaces) can all give off fatal doses of CO over a period of time in certain conditions
Barbecues cooling down in tents are particularly dangerous when the tent is all sealed up & cosy.

Ventilation/vents is very important.It causes draughts but is there for a reason.
Houses were naturally draughty & well vented years ago but with uPVC doors & windows,fitted carpets & foam filled cavities that natural ventilation has gone.
I sadly remember having to go to a property just outside of Barnstaple many years ago and finding a whole family succumbed to the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning, Awful sight it was, Can't remember what appliance or a boiler caused it but something you never forget.☹