Things you dont see anymore

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
That's something you don't see any more.
Actually, Broadclyst Railway Station is still there (buried in the undergrowth) if you look very closely. (Unlike the adjacent Hungry fox pub, which is long gone.) :(
It's just that the trains don't stop there any more. Still, there's always the nice new Cranbrook just up the line.

DB9

I haven't seen one of these type of things for ages , A sort of stand alone kitchen water heater/boiler. Olds must have worked on these in his time.

1615473113985.png

Spoonz Red E

Well-known Exeweb poster
I haven't seen one of these type of things for ages , A sort of stand alone kitchen water heater/boiler. Olds must have worked on these in his time.

View attachment 5575
Used to have one of those in my early bedsit days.

Memories of scalded hands as it spluttered and spat on me when holding my pan of Vesta Paella mix underneath the tap.

Alistair20000

Actually, Broadclyst Railway Station is still there (buried in the undergrowth) if you look very closely. (Unlike the adjacent Hungry fox pub, which is long gone.) :(
It's just that the trains don't stop there any more. Still, there's always the nice new Cranbrook just up the line.
Hungry Fox was a very popular pub and eaterie when I moved to Broadclyst in 1982. I believe it was sold in the late 80’s at the height of the property boom for around 700K.

Is it still there but derelict ?

Colesman Ballz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hungry Fox was a very popular pub and eaterie when I moved to Broadclyst in 1982. I believe it was sold in the late 80’s at the height of the property boom for around 700K.

Is it still there but derelict ?
If we have no local correspondents Al, you could take a look at Google Earth.