• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The threat of Coronavirus to ECFC

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Take Magda, for instance, Mike...

She works at Musgrove, and we live about 20 minutes away, by car. She does 12 1/2 hour shifts, either 7am till 7.30 pm, or nights 7-7.30. There aint no public transport to get her there at those times, unless she wants to leave home a good hour or more before she is due to start. It's also likely to lengthen her day at the arse end.

Imagine two or three days/nights in a row, of 14+ hours to, in and from that environment.

And the cost to park at Musgrove for 12 months? £440. I **** you not.

She earns £17k before tax.
Well, that's what Olds and I mean. Farking disgrace. If we can't look after the people who look after us, WTF.

Grecian2K

One thing that struck me yesterday evening (while taking the hounds for a brief walk) is why are the street lights still on?

If they want everyone to stay indoors as much as possible surely the darkness would help deter unnecessary night time excursions (as well as saving the councils much needed money!)

IndoMike

Indicative of the take away society these days..There should be a bit less rubbish blowing down High Streets now & dumped at curb sides..Every cloud..
One of the few plusses that I can think of is that the environment is getting a break. Dolphins in he canals of Venice, even. Hopefully there will be deer in High St soon.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of the few plusses that I can think of is that the environment is getting a break. Dolphins in he canals of Venice, even. Hopefully there will be deer in High St soon.
Sorry to pi55 on your parade, again.

Alistair20000

There was a feckin' fox prowling around in the orchard this morning. Keep two metres distant you furry fecker. We are self isolating.

LOG

Sports bulletins on the wireless are getting a little bit repetitive to the point of being unnecessary.

Something we said half an hour ago about whether the Olympics might be postponed and then back to the studio.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Sorry to pi55 on your parade, again.

Sh*t, Egg, you don't even let people dream.

IndoMike

There was a feckin' fox prowling around in the orchard this morning. Keep two metres distant you furry fecker. We are self isolating.
Fake news (Thought I'd get in before Egg does 😉)

LOG

Fake news (Thought I'd get in before Egg does 😉)
There have been significant improvements in air pollution though:

It would be nice to think we might actually learn something from this.

Alistair20000

There have been significant improvements in air pollution though:

It would be nice to think we might actually learn something from this.

Memories are short.