• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Pitch

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Apparently it only takes a minute to get the pitch covered :)

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Blessed are Chas & his team because without them we couldn't play !
Just watched Grecians V Norwich circa 1990 and was reminded that we can play on worse turf.
I wuz there and was so buoyed up I paid to fly with ECFC to Norwich for replay - sadly we lost but at least I got a night's sleep which those proper Grecians on coaches didn't !
UTC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great work by the unsung Grecians who stood up to help Chas and his team - if only the FECRACE was open I'm sure there would be a free pint for each of you !
Whoever you are thanks from all fellow Grecians
UTC

Andy_H

I'm sure all of Exeweb will join me in saying a huge "THANK-YOU" to all those volunteers, seen and not seen on the video, who turned up to help Chas & his team put out and retrieve the covers this week. The 'ECFC spirit' in operation as always.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
The number of bobbles today and the Doble side lack of grass cover surely cannot be helping our style off play?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah.... why does our pitch always look like one of the worst in L2 when we've relaid it twice? Are we doing it on the cheap?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah.... why does our pitch always look like one of the worst in L2 when we've relaid it twice? Are we doing it on the cheap?
I don't think we have done it on the cheap but is partly down to being too successful in having our season extended so many times by the play off's thus limiting the time available for post season work perhaps? I would like us to bite the bullet and get the pitch sorted once and for all even if it takes all our savings

C j phill

Here's a thought. Rather than the Trust make an annual contribution to the Club coffers, for general use, who dont they enter in to a 10 year finance agreement for the equivalent annual payment, with a pitch company, to have one of those super dooper playing surfaces, which current and previous managers say would greatly improve our seaso outcomes.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
The players will tell you that our pitch is one of the worst in the league. Given the number of hybrid pitches at other clubs, I believe them.