• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Pitch

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stand F. Row C. Seat 16
Stand G Row A Seat 37

Right down the front feels like im on the bench šŸ˜€ - i will say hi next time whilst observing distancing

Boyo

Football is an outdoor sport and therefore entirely susceptible to the vagaries of the weather. You cannot expect it to take place on a bowling green surface which would be shredded by footballers studs anyway. Let's either MTFU and accept it for what it is, or replace it by playing Subuteo on billiard tables instead ! :cool:
Itā€™s nothing to do with ā€œMTFUā€ even if that phrase is 20 years out of date. Ultimately any pitch will suits certain styles of play whereas others wonā€™t. If we want to play a high tempo, running style on the deck, then the pitch needs to enable us to do so. Thatā€™s one of the key factors of home advantage after all.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
The pitch Argyle installed should have cost Ā£750k though they got a discount for going into administration.
That's probably why they went into administration !

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's probably why they went into administration !
Isn't the upkeep of that pitch something like Ā£400k a year too?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not ECFC, but thread related, they knew how to MTFU

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Love the shorts, in the days when men were men and not running advertisement boards

Gilbert

Thanks iscalad, really enjoyed that as West Ham is my second team - supported them since my first World Cup, Moore, Hurst, Peters and all that. But back on topic, we sometimes forget just how bad some of the pitches they played on were back in the day. Who can forget the Baseball Ground!

Gilbert (huuuuup the City)

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
SJP on the 23rd Feb 1963 was "a sight to behold", would just love it if any footage of that survived ! šŸ˜Ž

Gilbert

Not the St James Park you were hoping for, but the best I could do. Caption reads "With the sporting calendar decimated, Britons went ice skating in the lake at St James' Park in London (PA)"

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks iscalad, really enjoyed that as West Ham is my second team - supported them since my first World Cup, Moore, Hurst, Peters and all that. But back on topic, we sometimes forget just how bad some of the pitches they played on were back in the day. Who can forget the Baseball Ground!

Gilbert (huuuuup the City)
Same here - Ive been blowing bubbles at SJP since 1966 ! UTC & COYI