• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Pitch

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Our pitch holds out well until late November/early December each season and from then on its $h!t. Even when the weather dries up there's a serious lack of grass and an uneven playing surface detrimental to the standard of football and conducive to injury.

We've got a decent ground for this level along with really good training facilities, a competitive first team every single season, an academy to be so proud of that I find myself preaching about it to non city fans, so for farks sake let's sort our $h!te pitch out once and for all and get one of those desso pitches laid that will last us for years.
You will of course need two pitches revamped at the same time not just one ! The No 1 pitch at the Cat 'n' Fiddle needs to have identical characteristics, so will need to be done as well ! :)
And don't forget the players you are demanding that we sign whilst you are at it, all in the middle of a pandemic, with seriously reduced cash flow, and consequentially running at a loss. Quite some pipe dream that you have there !

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
You will of course need two pitches revamped at the same time not just one ! The No 1 pitch at the Cat 'n' Fiddle needs to have identical characteristics, so will need to be done as well ! :)
And don't forget the players you are demanding that we sign whilst you are at it, all in the middle of a pandemic, with seriously reduced cash flow, and consequentially running at a loss. Quite some pipe dream that you have there !
We don't need to have an identical pitch at the C&F. One with similar dimensions will do just fine, and I'm not demanding any players. I'd rather have a pitch. They cost between 500k and 1m so not exactly a pipe dream, more a realistic expectation of how to invest some money.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
No-one is concerned with the state of our pitch when we win 6-1 or 5-0.

The pitch isn't perfect. But it's ten times better than it was fifteen years ago.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
No-one is concerned with the state of our pitch when we win 6-1 or 5-0.

The pitch isn't perfect. But it's ten times better than it was fifteen years ago.
With a good pitch we'd have won those games 12-1 and 10-0

Grecian Max

Absolutely shocking this evening

Grecian Max

Also bobble ruined a good move & potential finish from Taylor

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Also bobble ruined a good move & potential finish from Taylor
I knew someone would say that but I'm not having it. The ball bobbled up a long time before it reached Taylor. He should have done better.

Rosencrantz

I knew someone would say that but I'm not having it. The ball bobbled up a long time before it reached Taylor. He should have done better.
It was bucking and rearing all the way to him which is why the shot when it came was an uncertain looking attempted side foot. Hitting anything first time on that pitch is a bit of a lottery but you are better off just committing to it.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
True. But it didn't bounce immediately in front of him. He had enough time to adjust.

I'm not defending the pitch here. I just don't think it was responsible for Taylor's misfit on that occasion.

Grecian Max

Taylor is a surprisngly good finisher, especially from that range so, yes I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

The pitch was awful.