• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City V's S****horpe United Matchday Thread

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Looking on the bright side, we might be on the start of another unbeaten run ... :)

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
To be honest, I fell asleep!

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I disagree. I suspect I'm going to be a fairly lone voice though....

....I thought it was an interesting contest. Neither side were up to much but it wasn't a boring game. Good chances (particularly for them in the first twenty of the second half), a game that got stretched towards the end, a cracking atmosphere late on and a feeling that a winner might well be on the cards.

Have seen plenty of dull games where I just knew they could play all night without a goal - it didn't seem like that to me.
How much have you had to drink? "Cracking atmosphere" is way over the top and it certainly wasn't and interesting spectacle.

IndoMike

One thing is for sure, either the players we have are not good enough or the manager is not able to get the best out of the players we do have. One thing that might help is not changing the bleddy team every week. After beating Tranmere by three, surely our eleven on that day should have been given another chance against Orient. But no, Tis had to tinker again. It's as if he always has to prove that he knows best and that it's all about his stunning tactical nouse. The fact is, he's proving the reverse. Playing two wingers but no striker to get on the end of things : you're 'aving a laugh.
There's no doubt about it : we are in the sh*t and it's difficult to see where a big improvement is going to come from. We've just played two vital 6-pointers and couldn't even score one bloody goal. I don't think we're any better than we were in our first season back in Div 1, but then at least we had Harley and a strong captain to help us out of it, and then we only scraped through on the last day The only question is if there are three teams below us which are worse than we are.
Finally, we did not speculate to accumulate at the end of last season to take advantage of the momentum we had built up. I know there was a risk associated with that, but I wonder what the cost to City will be if we get relegated.
Come on you reds!

Phil Sayers

How much have you had to drink? "Cracking atmosphere" is way over the top and it certainly wasn't and interesting spectacle.
I've certainly had a fair few but that wasn't the case when I watched the game. Starting with the atmosphere the last twenty minutes consisted of pretty constant, loud singing from the Bank. That is not normally the case so I think that (subjectively) 'cracking' is a fair description.

In terms of whether it was an interesting spectacle I suppose it depends on what you want from a game. They should have scored and we should have scored - that already puts it above a lot of the most tedious no score draws.

Grecian2K

One thing that might help is not changing the bleddy team every week!
Ermm wasn't at least part of today's problem that we started with exactly the same starting XI that "performed" with such (lack of) distinction at L'Orient last week?

IndoMike

Ermm wasn't at least part of today's problem that we started with exactly the same starting XI that "performed" with such (lack of) distinction at L'Orient last week?
Yes, you're right. I was really referring to not changing a winning team (i.e. the team versus Tranmere), not to not changing the team that performed so badly v. Orient.

Last edited:

LOG

The entrance price plus a 150 mile round trip for that.

Can't beat it.

Poultice

To be honest, I fell asleep!
You need to be prepared for that sort of thing from now on.

He picked the same shower of sh*t that were sooooo bad at Orient ?

You couldn't make it up.

It's time for him to go to one of the long list of Championship clubs queueing up to take him

I guuess we are stuck with him then ?

Last edited:

STURTZ

Well that was crap.

Probably the worst game I've seen us play since we were in the conf.

Not much difference between the two halves either have we been sponsored by some mince pie company? It certainly seems as though Noble and Logie have been enjoying a fair share of their products.

It was one long, drab and scrappy match with a packed midfield and nobody with the guile to find a way through that forest of mediocrity. We could have snatched it at the end there but it would have been a travesty for anybody to win that bore.

Troy and Artur played quite well.

Err that's it.