• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City V's S****horpe United Matchday Thread

On that showing no.
Was it really that bad?! You didnt lose..

ECFC traveller

Was it really that bad?! You didnt lose..
We're not Plymouth, we don't tend to look for anything better than a loss, we go for the 3 points..

We're not Plymouth, we don't tend to look for anything better than a loss, we go for the 3 points..
Oh f*ck off you racist cretin. You're towards the bottom end of league 1, stop making out like you're barcelona.

I dont come on here to troll, i simply have a good dicussion and i find out some things i didnt know with the real city fans.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh dear (and so near to Xmas too)

Ah well. GENTLEMEN - CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON

The thing is, Most of the city fans on here seem to hate this lad as well.

And he's been all over facebook groups claiming he's a hooligan... So i wouldnt want any trouble...!

hillview red

Awful game. We couldn't seem to string 2 passes together which was a shame as Scunthorpe were tidy but nothing special. For me, Duffy has to start at centre back and if you are going to play Noble (which I would), he has to play infront of the back 4.

We play a passing game so it is barmy to play the 2 worst distributors at centre half (particularly Troy). I realise that both Coles and Troy do some of the jobs of a centre half very well, but they are very similar. We need Duffers in there. I've lost count of the times Troy has aimlessly booted the ball upfield.

Last season we won 7 of the last 8, and a key part of that in my opinion was Duffy forming a great partnership with Troy and Noble playing really well at the base of the diamond dictating the play.

STURTZ

Two important misses in two games for Taylor, oportunities that an in form Jamie cureton would have buried last season. Seems as though Taylor isn't the goalscoring messiah that we had hoped for, let's hope Nards stays fit this time.

Alistair20000

Two important misses in two games for Taylor, oportunities that an in form Jamie cureton would have buried last season. Seems as though Taylor isn't the goalscoring messiah that we had hoped for, let's hope Nards stays fit this time.
The dire torpor of the game and the effect of my hip flask had seriously dulled the senses, but do I recall that someone (Nards ?) was alongside Taylor and a sideways pass would have given Nards a simple tap in ?

FAN-TATIC

The dire torpor of the game and the effect of my hip flask had seriously dulled the senses, but do I recall that someone (Nards ?) was alongside Taylor and a sideways pass would have given Nards a simple tap in ?
Bang on Alistair! I noticed that too and it was Nards. A short pass to Tayor's left would have given Nards a tap in. Having said that, Taylor appeared to have ample room in which to steer the ball home. Chances of the kind that he has missed in consecutive games may prove to be costly. I still like him as a player and his work rate is good.

Alistair20000

Bang on Alistair! I noticed that too and it was Nards. A short pass to Tayor's left would have given Nards a tap in. Having said that, Taylor appeared to have ample room in which to steer the ball home. Chances of the kind that he has missed in consecutive games may prove to be costly. I still like him as a player and his work rate is good.
Thanks for confirming that Fanny.

I agree Taylor should have put it away irrespective but the best strikers do tend to be a bit selfish. However, to me, the percentage play was a short left tap.

Agree with your thoughts on him as a player.