• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City V's S****horpe United Matchday Thread

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just back from what was an absolutely awful game, freezing to death with nothing whatsoever to lighten up the atmosphere. Neither side deserved to win although they marginally seemed to want it more than us .These are the games we should win if we want to stay up , Scunthorpe offered very little and will be cannon fodder for a lot of sides. Can I ask what an earth was Tisdale doing playing Noble presumably as an attacking ( that's a laugh for a start ) midfielder in support of the lone ranger Taylor. And can everyone tell me what on earth they see in Sercombe , seems to me he just hasn't made it.Lucky the defence was fairly solid with Troy and Artur doing well.This sort of game won't attract many to the Park I'm afraid , very little to recommend it , and everyone around me couldn't wait for the final whistle to blow. I could be churlish and say Tisdale got his tactics wrong especially with the aforesaid Noble , but with a barely fit Nardiallo and a never fit Bauza perhaps his options are running out. Maybe we'd be better off going back to Duffy and Bennett in midfield on this showing too !

Xavi

Logie up top from the start and ditching this nonsense of a lone forward and a midfielder in the hole and we'd have been a different proposition for the last 2 matches whoever filled the 2 midfield berths. The likes of Hackett and Frear are good wide players but you have to have some presence up top and, to some extent, bypass the midfield. The squad can comfortably cut it in the lower half of League 1, but we have to play to the best strengths and forget the Harley League 1 Barca days. We'd still see some decent stuff, but needs to be different shape and style.

Alistair20000

Pretty much agree with Banksy.

The FL computer spits us out one mouldy home game in December and The Cheese and his not so merry men serve us up that crock of sh*te. I cringed at the start when seeing the team sheet. Two wide men plus Taylor but no target man. The same line up didn't work last week but The Cheese is a stubborn sod. Unfortunately when Logie came on he offerred next to nothing but had to put up with a fair bit of shirt tugging and wrestling from their defenders.

Noble was absolutely feckin dire and looks overweight. Taylor should have scored in the last minute. Couple of decent runs from Hackett in the first half particulary the first one after about 8 minutes when he went past two defenders.

No hot water in the catering hut nor any hot food. FFS.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Well a point,which could turn out to be a important one at the end of the season....A decent crowd too...

A game to forget....

Grecian_Jay

Dire and waste of money probably sum it up best. Awful team selection and tactics from Tisdale as usual. Thank god we don't have a home game for a while.

Antony Moxey

Match report now up on the Official Site

mdg

after 10 mins, thought it had nil - nil, written al over it.

poor game, two consulations, however. 1- the games over 2.home in the warm

denzil

Well a point,which could turn out to be a important one at the end of the season....A decent crowd too...

A game to forget....
Just hope that we don't need those two points we dropped today come May. THAT WAS A BLOODY AWFUL GAME !! We had a chance to open a small gap between us and Scunny and we blew it !!

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
It isn't surprising that The Iron finished bottom of the Championship last season. A decent team would've tonked them.

Speaking of Iron, my tea tasted remarkably like it at half-time...

Red Devon

Horrible performance from the manager and the team.

Noble shocking!

Artur MOM!