• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Lincoln City v Exeter City real MDT

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We're having some great games. Not always getting the three points, having to deal with a whole series of injuries but not conceding many goals and despite the frustrations we ned to be able to keep this going. We need to keep the focus on an automatic promotion place.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What the feck?

Sky Bet League Two @SkyBetLeagueTwo

A shock in #SkyBetLeagueTwo as @OfficialECFC defeat the league leaders at Sincil Bank.

@LincolnCity_FC were unbeaten in ten @EFL games before tonight...

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not looking to pick the bones out of it however I'd have put Williams on instead of Boateng (who looked very leggy).

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
What are you talking about? Of course you play the clock when one- nil up and the game goes into ‘added time’ away from home against the league leaders....... MT makes a sub but that doesn’t constitute 3 mins of added time on top of the 4
shown, it’s called game management, sadly we were let down by the officials tonight.
What are YOU talking about? I was responding to the assertion that twice this season we have had games extend beyond stoppage time and have conceded twice in that stoppage stoppage time. Perhaps that might suggest we should concentrate better on seeing game out, rather than worrying if the clock’s still ticking.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

Larry Wilkie

Yes I'm exceedingly angry!! Nobody seems to want to point the finger at where the problem really was with that soft goal!
With the exception of the person who ALWAYS points the finger at him!!

Exehausted

I only followed the match on Twitter and from the comments on here from those watching on ifollow. To be fair, their report mirrored what I have been reading on here all night.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Maybe ECFC should send a match officials report in on the amount of times we have been turned over by dubious refs etc see how far it gets us ?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
However to try and blame Pym is frankly ridiculous. Perhaps the defence might have done better preventing Akinde getting a shot off. Perhaps the midfield might have done better in keeping possession preventing that final Lincoln attack. Perhaps the strikers might have done better and given the team a bigger lead to defend. But no, it’s the keeper’s fault - it’s ALWAYS the keeper’s fault. In a team game it’s obvious the result is entirely down to the keeper. Every single time.
Bollox Moxey; What drivel! "To try and blame Pym is frankly ridiculous" and "Its ALWAYS the keepers fault"? I'm not trying to blame Pym, I AM blaming Pym for what you would class as a soft goal in a "sunday pub cloggers game"! And its not ALWAYS his fault that we drop points either! We came mighty close when he let in that "point blank" header on saturday though. Pym needs strong competition for that number one spot which he hasnt got with Hamon!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
That seems a pretty fair summing of the game.