• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Lincoln City v Exeter City real MDT

ECFC89

Crocks, you know as well as I do that their added time was way past four minutes with all our time wasting. No doubt 'Matty' will pick up on that excuse though.
Someone is angry tonight.

Exehausted

What do people not understand.........4 minutes shown means a MINIMUM of 4 minutes!
Yes, but in most cases it is never more than 30 seconds over that unless there is very obvious time wasting. 30 seconds for the sub, but that still leaves 90 seconds. I time the time added on to the second at the Park and 4 mins is usually 4 mins. Totally gutted.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Given the fact we are missing players, had to travel back from Crewe on Saturday and back up to Lincoln for this game that was a monumental effort from our lads. We've got a real team here, onwards and upwards.
That statement doesnt cut it for me after this game. The missing players had bugger all to do with it!

hardi2b

Fantastic game and performance shame we were unable to keep the pressure up on their midfield and back four throughout the second half.

Matt Jay's goal was worthy of a much higher level, an absolute beauty.

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Terrible way to lose two points. Unlucky city, seemed to be a great effort with players missing and some not 100%, gutting not to get the win after getting so late.

I don't think making a sub is a problem, when in the closing stages then stretch the lead by all means if you can, but if not run the ball in the corner, go down with cramp or holding your head, if it gets you over the line.

A big shame but we are in a good position, hope we can come out flying on Saturday and beat tranmere.

denzel

Indeed. Unless there were no stoppages for anything during those four minutes then it will never be just four minutes. It’s a shame so many managers are as ignorant as it seems so many supporters.
Wrong. 9 times out of 10 refs play exactly the number of minutes on the board, unless there is a stoppage.
Trust us that on the two times they haven't this season we have conceded a goal on both occasions.

thermopylai

I blame the commentator that said "Akinde has done nothing all match"
I worried when he said "Its going to be the Alamo". Considering what happened there we got off lightly.

Seriously gutted. Tomorrow I'll probably realise it was a good result and that they should have had a penalty, but right now it hurts.

PeteUSA

Someone is angry tonight.
Yes I'm exceedingly angry!! Nobody seems to want to point the finger at where the problem really was with that soft goal!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
That statement doesnt cut it for me after this game. The missing players had bugger all to do with it!
Each to their own however I think missing the likes of Law, Lee Martin and Dean Moxey is a big loss for our squad.

geoffwp

Wrong. 9 times out of 10 refs play exactly the number of minutes on the board, unless there is a stoppage.
Trust us that on the two times they haven't this season we have conceded a goal on both occasions.
you shouldnt argue with the boss. :D