• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Starting line up based on players under contract

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm beginning to feel a lot more confident about things after feeling a bit "meh" a couple of weeks ago. I think Cox is ready to partner Nombe (if he stays) and hoping a fitter Scott will add to the equation, I don't know much about Aitchison but I note some of you guys are confident with him as well. Rankine sounds like a great addition, not sure about the other new guys but they appear to be of a decent calibre. I would really like to see a highly experienced and seasoned central midfielder to help some of the younger midfield guys and maybe we will get one. If we get 2 or 3 more quality additions I think we could do well. I'm expecting a slowish start with the new team getting used to each other but am quietly confident we will be as good as last season UTC

Topsham Boy

I'm beginning to feel a lot more confident about things after feeling a bit "meh" a couple of weeks ago. I think Cox is ready to partner Nombe (if he stays) and hoping a fitter Scott will add to the equation, I don't know much about Aitchison but I note some of you guys are confident with him as well. Rankine sounds like a great addition, not sure about the other new guys but they appear to be of a decent calibre. I would really like to see a highly experienced and seasoned central midfielder to help some of the younger midfield guys and maybe we will get one. If we get 2 or 3 more quality additions I think we could do well. I'm expecting a slowish start with the new team getting used to each other but am quietly confident we will be as good as last season UTC
Assuming the keeper position is sorted I still feel we need another striker. If Nombe gets injured we look light up top to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Topsham Boy

Apologies…last sentence of the Avening post above is mine…..posting error!!! The rest is his.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Apologies…last sentence of the Avening post above is mine…..posting error!!! The rest is his.
Sorted it

jase 07

Would surprised if Diabate is on the bench first game of the season.
Probably a toss up between him and Sweeney for the 3rd CB spot, I think Aimson and Hartridge will start when fit.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably a toss up between him and Sweeney for the 3rd CB spot, I think Aimson and Hartridge will start when fit.
I would be amazed if Sweeney starts the season. Great on the ball, but can't head a ball for toffee. He's also slow on the turn.

iscalad

I would be amazed if Sweeney starts the season. Great on the ball, but can't head a ball for toffee. He's also slow on the turn.
Of course he can head the ball and did so on many occasions during the time he's been with us.
Daft thing to say.

Intheknow84

I’d be surprised if hartridge starts. He needs to go. Overrated and quite poor with distribution. Looks the weak link. Diabate needs to play in the middle. He is the real deal

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course he can head the ball and did so on many occasions during the time he's been with us.
Daft thing to say.
It really isn't. The stats don't lie. Failed clearances and headed clearances that don't clear the penalty box are a problem for him. Even today at Bath, his heading was a notable weakness. I still like him, as he is a talent on the ball, but I fear that talent will only take him so far.

iscalad

It really isn't. The stats don't lie. Failed clearances and headed clearances that don't clear the penalty box are a problem for him. Even today at Bath, his heading was a notable weakness. I still like him, as he is a talent on the ball, but I fear that talent will only take him so far.
No one expects Manchester City to come calling. He's good enough for us in League 1.