• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Starting line up based on players under contract

LDNGrecian

indeed. GC said we needed 8-11 new players this summer and I don't think anyone seriously disagrees. We've signed 3, so need 5-8 more
Looks like Sinisalo and Rankine are in the building so 3-6 more now?

Bridgy 81

So, I reckon if we have the Villa keeper in the bag, we need still a left sided central defender, one more midfielder, even if we sign Tom Carroll, and one more central striker.
Then we’ll be ready to go (hopefully).
But I hope some of the above are permanent signings as I’m not keen to rely on too many loans.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
So, I reckon if we have the Villa keeper in the bag, we need still a left sided central defender, one more midfielder, even if we sign Tom Carroll, and one more central striker.
Then we’ll be ready to go (hopefully).
But I hope some of the above are permanent signings as I’m not keen to rely on too many loans.
Doesn't the EFL also have a limit on the number of loan players that can be played in any given match ? I certainly share your sentiments.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Doesn't the EFL also have a limit on the number of loan players that can be played in any given match ? I certainly share your sentiments.
You are only allowed 5 loans in a match day squad.

Bridgy 81

I’ve no idea about loans, but Benji has responded above.
Anyway, as nothing interesting is happening here this evening I’m calling it a day so I’m fresh for Bath tomorrow.
Night all.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
You are only allowed 5 loans in a match day squad.
Have of an Argyle team then :ROFLMAO:

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well this all looks a lot better than it did a week ago...both in terms of a starting XI and also the subs bench. Both Rankine and Trevitt go straight into my starting eleven, being the obvious replacements for Key and Collins. I've put Cole in there too at Scott's expense and Caprice (obviously) and Pedro (more contentious) drop to the bench.

Woods
Sweeney Aimson Hartridge
Rankine Kite Trevitt Cole Mitchell
Aitchison Nombe

Subs Lee Diabate Caprice Harper Pedro Cox Scott

Injured Taylor

In reserve/out on loan - the other 5 new professionals

ryancooper327

Woods
Sweeney - Aimson - Hartridge
Rankine - Kite - Trevitt - Mitchell
Aitchison - Scott
Nombe

Not sure/keen on some of the personnel but think this is the formation GC will look at. Scott can play behind or up top with Nombe.

A pair of experienced league 1+ RWB and CMs and that lineup is pretty good IMO. Rankine and Trevitt may turn out awesome but there is risk.

No chance are we going to get another RWB. With Rankine and Caprice we already have two for the position. Money would be better spent elsewhere.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would surprised if Diabate is on the bench first game of the season.