• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Starting line up based on players under contract

Episkyros

I agree we need another CF - we don't know if Muskwe or Cox will get into a rich vein of scoring form and it makes sense to reduce the pressure on them with other options. Stanno could focus on his game in the drought last season with Brown and Nombe banging them in.

I disagree that we are covered on Number 10s. Whilst Cole & Taylor can play there as cover, they're not ideal profiles. I think they're better giving rotational cover to Carroll and Trevitt, with Kite as a different option for his out of possession strengths.

I think we either need another number 10, OR another RWB (allowing Rankine to move to forward), OR another LWB (allowing Mitchell to move forward). I'd love to have all three, but appreciate the reality of budgets! :ROFLMAO:

ryancooper327

Where I see it...

1694804162928.png

JCWhoosh

What's the best starting lineup (everyone being fit) that we can put out on the pitch after the two new additions?

For me it would be..

Sanisalo
Sweeney Aimson Hartridge
Niskanen Caroll Trevitt Mitchell
Aitchison Wildschutt
Muskwe

Not sure if / where Watts would play and Harper, Fitzwater, Jules, Rankine and Scott could be very handy to compete for places in the starting 11 and give options from the bench.
I'm finding it hard to pick a starting 11 which isn't a bad thing as shows some depth now.

Corey

What's the best starting lineup (everyone being fit) that we can put out on the pitch after the two new additions?

For me it would be..

Sanisalo
Sweeney Aimson Hartridge
Aitchison Wildschutt
Muskwe

Not sure if / where Watts would play and Harper, Fitzwater, Jules, Rankine and Scott could be very handy to compete for places in the starting 11 and give options from the bench.
I'm finding it hard to pick a starting 11 which isn't a bad thing as shows some depth now.
For me I think if Caldwell had everyone fit he would go for:

-——————Sinisalo——————-
—Sweeney—Aimson—Hartridge—
Niskanen—Carroll—Trevitt—Jules
-———Aitchison——Mitchell———-
-——————Muskwe——————-

Bench:
Woods
Fitzwater
Rankine
Kite
Cole
Wildschut
Scott

Would mean leaving out:
Macdonald
Diabate
Harper
Taylor
Watts
Cox

We’ve definitely got a lot more depth now which is good, hopefully we get through this injury crisis soon!

jase 07

For me it would be..

Sanisalo
Sweeney Aimson Hartridge
Aitchison Wildschutt
Muskwe

Interesting that there is only one home grown player in that starting line up

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sad that there is only one home grown player in that starting line up
Amended etc....

yticretexe

For me it would be..

Sanisalo
Sweeney Aimson Hartridge
Aitchison Wildschutt
Muskwe

This is mine too.