• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier League to assist lower leagues

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
That would be L1 getting 2/3 and L2 getting 1/3. I wonder if the loans are optional.
So based on a third of 50mn if funds were distributed equally between clubs we would get just unde 700k.
If distributed on basis of average gates the likes of Bradford and Bolton will probably get over a million and we would get less than half.
I wonder if that is enough to compensate for losses over potentially a season and a half

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

I wonder if that is enough to compensate for losses over potentially a season and a half
I doubt it.

Don’t forget some of the money(if offered/received)will be in the form of a loan.

Rosencrantz

I doubt it.

Don’t forget some of the money(if offered/received)will be in the form of a loan.
Was the original offer £20m in the form of a grant with the rest as loans?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
So based on a third of 50mn if funds were distributed equally between clubs we would get just unde 700k.
If distributed on basis of average gates the likes of Bradford and Bolton will probably get over a million and we would get less than half.
Actually on my guess it would be 60:40 in favour of L1 not 2/3 to 1/3 (12 : 8) so if it was £50M to L1 and L2 on that basis we'd get 1/24 of £20M or £833K. But anyway that's just on the current formula, not inside knowledge. Net gate receipts per season after VAT if attendances were 4.5K would be about 1.2M, and that's not counting hospitality, food, beverage sales and other matchday income less matchday expenses.

Oldsmobile-88

Was the original offer £20m in the form of a grant with the rest as loans?
Yes..That’s how I read it.

denzel

Article in BBC Pl*mouth Spotlight tonight about the start of the basketball season. The Government have stepped in to fund the players for the season apparently. Yet the Raiders are owned by a Turkish billionaire.
I know people say that the Government shouldn't do it for football, so why this?

HUFC1885

Do we need the funds everything set up by our club has now working

Red Devon

Do we need the funds everything set up by our club has now working
Only if there are is no strings attached.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only if there are is no strings attached.
Maybe they'll do parachute payments with no strings attached.

STURTZ

Maybe they'll do parachute payments with no strings attached.
No gowernment funding so it's all down to relying on The Premiership to help us all out. Why do I keep thinking this isn't going to end well?